05

It took quite a few dates for you to tell the rest of the lounge members about you and Ten. After all, you wanted to be sure of exactly what you two were doing before telling anyone else. You still didn't quite have a firm grasp on it yourself but felt secure enough in your relationship to tell them. And your roommates, who were now never going to call you and Ten meeting up as anything other than a 'hot date.' They weren't wrong, but it was still annoying.

On a rare night that all eight members of the VIP lounge were together, you were smushed between Ten and Yangyang on the couch. The main reason for the smushing being that on the other side of Yangyang was Yukhei, who was by no means small. But you didn't mind it so much, and Ten especially didn't mind it, taking every chance he could to be physically affectionate with you.

Yukhei was in the middle of recounting his latest exploration of some distant mountain peaks when Hendery interrupted him.

"We're out of beer," the engineer deadpanned.

He was right, the table in front of you was evidence of the twelve-pack that the eight of you had made quick work of.

"Then go get more," Sicheng snorted in reply.

Before the younger one could come up with anything snarky to say back, Ten detached himself from you to stand up, "I'll get it."

"I thought you said drinking was going to kill our livers?" Kun reminded him as he walked across the room to the storage closet.

"I would've killed myself before the alcohol even had a chance if I had to listen to those two bitch at each other for the next thirty minutes."

As your boyfriend disappeared into the storage room, you were able to stretch your limbs out on the couch a little bit. Yangyang suddenly seemed to get an idea, switching from whatever social media he had been scrolling down to his gallery, "Y/N, I have something to show you."

Dejun perked up at this, mischievous look mirroring his friend's, "Is it—?"

"Yep."

Mildly confused, you watched Yangyang finally reach whatever he was looking for, tapping the play button on the video and scooting closer to properly show it to you. Squinting, you were able to recognize the lone figure on the stage. It was Ten, younger and dressed in all black, but definitely Ten. You could hear faint music playing in the background through Yangyang's speakers and the on-screen Ten then moved. It wasn't just movement, it was dance; an elegant, powerful, and intense dance.

Still enraptured by the video, you barely registered Ten reemerging from the storage closet until Dejun greeted him knowingly.

"Hiya, Ten!"

You looked up at your boyfriend who had just walked back into the lounge, another twelve-pack in hand, your own voice filled with awe, "You dance, Ten?"

Taking stock of Yangyang leaning closer and displaying his phone screen to you, it was easy for Ten to figure out what had prompted you to ask that, "Yangyang showed you the video from the talent show I did my senior year, didn't he?"

"Yep!" Yangyang said proudly, turning his phone back off.

"I needed an elective," Ten shrugged nonchalantly, setting the beers down on the table in the center and starting to clear some of the empty bottles off.

"And you also minored in it in college," Kun pointed out.

He hummed noncommittally as he disposed of the bottles and returned back to the center, not sitting down yet, "Maybe so."

"Do you still practice?" You were still gazing up at him in wonder. "I'd love to see it sometime."

"Really?" Ten's eyes locked on yours with a certain intensity that changed the whole tone of the room. It took only a couple steps for him to be standing between your legs, eyes never leaving your own.

Yangyang blurted out in a tone that was meant to be joking but betrayed his true horror at what he had unintentionally started, "I'm making the executive decision to stop this conversation here before Ten starts giving Y/N a lap dance!"

With the tension immediately broken, you wrinkled your nose in feigned disappointment, slowly reaching a hand towards Ten's thigh, "Aw, I'd like to see that."

"Really?" Ten repeated, having not left his spot between your legs, but clearly aiding you in poking fun at Yangyang this time— which the boy didn't pick up on.

"Okay nope! Nope! Definitely, definitely changing the subject now!" The panic was evident in his voice as he physically turned his body away from you and Ten to face the others, "How was your day, Dejun? Mine was great, nothing weird or sexual or uncomfortable happened at all. How about you, Sicheng?"

As Ten dropped onto the couch beside you and wrapped an arm around your shoulders, the two of you were laughing at your friend's reaction. Your shoulders shook as you practically cackled, desperately trying to calm yourself down so you didn't cry laughing. But it was the crack in Yangyang's voice when he had said Sicheng's name that really did you in. Ten wasn't laughing as hard as you, instead pulling you closer into his side and shushing you between his own short snickers. With the bridge of his nose pressed against your forehead, his mouth resting just at the tip of your own nose and his arm keeping you close to his chest to muffle your cackles, you felt an airy warmth blossoming throughout your body.

The other members seemed to also be finding it amusing, some less than others. Kun declared with a sigh, "You two are insufferable together."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure you guys scarred Yang for life," Yukhei agreed, but not without a faint chuckle laced throughout his words.

"Or gave him masturbation material for the next month," Ten joked quietly, moving his mouth right next to your ear to make sure you were the only one who heard him.

A couple of your other friends asked what he had said that made you literally wheeze out a 'Stop!', slap his thigh, and then proceed to laugh to the point where you were silent, tears now freely falling down your cheeks. But you couldn't answer them, chest feeling light and tingly as you were too lost in your own little bubble with Ten, who definitely was not going to fess up to what he just said.