Chapter 10

"Adora!" Catra stumbled into the doorway. She was battered and bruised, only 10 years old.

"Catra, it's nearly midnight, what are you doing here?"

"They took him, Adora. They took him away!"

"What's wrong, Catra? Who did they take?"

Catra gasped and hiccuped as she held her friend. "They raided the house, there is nothing left!"

"Don't worry about those things, Cat. At least you're safe."

"Like you give a shit." The girl scowled.

Adora gasped. "I do! I couldn't stand it if anything happened to you."

"You really care about me, don't you?"

"Obviously, wherever you go, I go."

Catra sat beside Adora on the floor.

"Adora and Catra against the world, I can see it now."

Adora knelt down.

"You can cure cancer and humanitarian crap while I'm off touring the world."

Adora rolled her eyes and laughed.

"I'm serious! Catra pouted. -Then you can throw your rich-people-money at me while I dance on a bar table."

"You're a mess."

"Better get used to it, Sweetheart

Adora smiled as Catra made herself comfortable on the couch. The blonde tween stood on her staircase. "Good night Catra."

"Good night Adora."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adora wailed for hours until the tide threatened to rise and drown her. 

Not like that was a bad thing, she thought.

A young woman skipped onto the beach, hand in hand with a blue-haired woman. Adora should have been happy, seeing a loving couple enjoy themselves. But she wasn't happy. It felt like the salt of a thousand oceans in a stab wound.

The pink-haired woman examined a blue seashell by Adora's ankle. Adora looked sternly at a random shell, trying not to make eye contact.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I have this?" The woman asked sweetly.

"What? No, I guess not."

The woman looked slightly hurt as she took the shell.

"The final battle was today, wasn't it?"

Adora was caught off- guard but nodded anyway. "How could you tell?"

The woman shrugged. 

"Are you sure you're okay, Sweetheart?"

Adora wanted to shrug her away again but crumpled into tears. Her heart truly ached as the woman held her. The ocean wind, blew softly as she grieved. 

A few minutes passed.

"Ella!" The blue-haired woman yelled.

"It just isn't fair." Adora sniffled.

 Ella wiped Adora's face and stood up. 

"Maybe should do something about it."