f i v e

---

“Do you think I was a bit harsh last night?” Hermione asked her friend curiously as she took small glances at the Slytherin table, looking at Malfoy. She kept looking back and forth from Malfoy to Ginny.

“I’m sure Malfoy is forming a plan to humiliate you right now. He’s not the type to back down over some insult. He’s a stubborn ass but that’s what makes him . . . him.” Ginny explained with a small chuckle.

“Gee, that makes me feel a lot better. Now, Malfoy is planning to humiliate me, great!” Hermione said with fake happiness as she clasped her hands together. “I can’t wait.”

“Oh, come off it. I was just giving you an example. Malfoy is probably fine.” Ginny told her with a small grin.

“Yeah . . . how did your talk with Zabini go?” Hermione eagerly asked as she stared her friend down.

“Well, uhm . . . I wasn’t able to bring Malfoy up yet. I’m still working on that, first I just want to look friendly, you know?” Ginny asked as she looked away from Hermione, taking a liking at her plate.

“Oh . . . okay.” Hermione said as she slightly furrowed her eyebrows at her friend looking at her plate. “Do you like the plate or something? Why are you staring at it?”

“No reason.” Ginny dismissed it quickly and took a bite out of her toast.

“Right.” Hermione slightly puffed her cheeks and looked over at her friends with a small grin. “Do you guys need something? Why are you all staring at me like that?” She questioned Harry and Ron nervously.

“Hermione, I heard from Neville that you and Malfoy sat next to each other yesterday night during Astronomy.” Ron stated as he slightly glared over at Malfoy.

“Oh, that’s right. Why were you sitting with him?” Harry asked curiously as he stared at Hermione.

Hermione slightly gulped and pressed her lips into a straight line. “Uhm . . .”

---

“Is she staring at me?” Malfoy asked with a smirk as he continued to eat his breakfast.

“Yes, she’s looking back and forth from you to She-Weasel. Did something happen last night? You looked a bit upset when you came in last night.” Blaise said as he stared at his friend, waiting for an answer.

“Granger has an attitude and she has a lot of confidence . . .” Draco said quietly as he took a sip of his pumpkin juice. “I’m going to crush her and that big confidence of hers until she’s left with nothing but insecurity.” He stated with a smirk as he stared at Granger speaking with her friends.

“That seems really harsh.” Blaise said after a while.

“So did you talk to She-Weasel?” Draco asked, completely ignoring his friend’s comment.

“Uhm, no . . . not yet. I’m working on it. She has a bad temper so I’m planning on befriending her first before bringing Granger up.” Blaise stated.