Chapter Twenty: A Sister's Name

He who creates a poison, also has the cure

He who creates a virus, also has the antidote.
He who creates chaos, also has the ability to create peace.
- Suzy Kassem

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aberforth comes back with a tray, carrying cups filled to the brim with warm hot chocolate. He hands one to Grindelwald's child, then handing one to Tom, and then me. Tom gives my cousin a charming look- the look he used on all of our professors to gain their instant approval. "Thank you, sir," Tom says, his voice smooth and free of all the arrogance it usually had.

"Thanks, cousin." I smile up at him. Aberforth looked enraged and highly worried.

"Valentine, introduce me to the young lads." He tells me, and I hop up.

"Oh! Right. Uh- Riddle, this is my cousin Aberforth Dumbledore. Aberforth, this is-" Tom interrupts me, standing up to shake Aberforth's hand.

"Tom Riddle. Pleasure." He addresses like he was a middle-aged man and not some thirteen-year-old with godawful scrapes and bruises across his body.

Aberforth looks at Grindelwald's daughter. "And what might your name be, young one?" He asks, eyes locked on her mismatched eyes.

"I don't have one," She states, shrugging like it was the most normal thing to say. Even Tom looked slightly intrigued by her words.

"What do you mean, you don't have a name?" I ask, making her sigh.

"No one has given me a name." She adds further, making my brow draw in confusion.

She was such an adorable little girl. Did her parents not care enough to name her?

"What did call you by, if they ever needed you?" Aberforth asks, leaning back in his own seat, eyes trained on the tiny witch in front of us.

"They called me bitch." She states calmly, and I think Tom chokes a bit on his drink.

I hit his back twice. "You alright?" I smirk in humour, causing him to glare at me.