Chapter 17: Frère Jacques

As (Y/n) woke up, she was bombarded with texts from Takuya that seemed worried about her. He sent her so many texts that there were pages and pages of his texts alone. She had to scroll up to see the initial texts.

Takuya 4:00 am - (Y/n), this is Takuya.

Takuya 4:00 am - You know, um, me?

Takuya 5:10 am - You haven't replied, are you alright? Did something happen? Can I help?

Takuya 5:32 am - Please reply...

Takuya 5:33 am - I'm scared...

She yawned and began to text back, concerned about the boy. She didn't know where he had gotten the idea that she was in danger, but she didn't want to concern him more by not responding.

(Y/n) 8:22 am - I'm perfectly fine. Did you need something?

Takuya 8:22 am - (Y/n)! Thank goodness! Hi, it's Takuya!

(Y/n) 8:23 am - Yes, I can see that. I haven't seen you with a phone. Did you just get one?

Takuya 8:23 am - Yeah! You're so smart! Now we can text!

(Y/n) 8:23 am - Very cute <3

On the other end of the phone, the boy blushed and curled up, snuggling against the teddy bear that the girl had given him just the day before. He tried to think of what the right thing would be to say but he hadn't ever experienced anything like that before. So, unfortunately, he struggled a bit, trying to be impressive.

Takuya 8:25 am - You're cute too, I...think?

(Y/n) 8:25 am - You don't think I'm cute? I'm deeply wounded! I've never cried so much!

Takuya 8:25 am - No, no, no, no! Don't cry! You are cute! I just didn't want to tell you! I'm sorry! Please don't cry! Please, please, please?

(Y/n) 8:26 am - I'm only joking.

Takuya 8:27 am - Thank goodness! Um, if I can, may I ask you to join me for the day? Haru wanted to see you too. Could you join us at his house? We'll send a car to pick you up!

(Y/n) 8:28 am - Sure, I guess. Just let me tell Narahashi first.

She yawned and began to stretch, making the bluenette sit up and stretch himself. His arm had had its circulation cut off from her laying on it all night. Not that he minded, anyway. He wiped the tears from her eyes as she yawned, making her giggle playfully and tickle him. He tickled her back, no mercy.

"How dare you!" (Y/n) said playfully.

"You started it," Narahashi grunted with a laugh then winked, "I'm just finishing it."

The boy laughed uncontrollably as she pinned him down and began tickling his most sensitive of spots; his neck. She knew this through years of attempting to get him to succeed in their tickling wars. He slapped the ground twice, letting her know that she had won.

"You got me," he said, letting out a playful sigh and collapsing on the floor, looking up at her with a soft, love-stricken expression, "Look at that. You've made me smile. I don't know how to thank you."

"Dork," she said, sticking out her tongue, "I'm going to Haru's house today. But I'll be back later, alright? If you ever need me, just send me a text and I'll come as soon as possible."