⋆ ཾ༵༵༅ 8 ~ Safe House

While on the jet and as Clint flew it threw the night sky over the clouds, Bruce could be seen holding a blanket over him as he sat on the ground. Steve was quietly sitting at a chair in deep thought. Thor was standing as he thought and fiddling with his hands. "The news is loving you guys. Nobody else is." Hulk could be heard speaking to Tony through a screen. "There's been no official call for Banner's arrest but it's in the air." She added. "The Stark relief foundation?" Stark asked. "Already on the scene. How's the team?" She quipped back. "Everyone's..." Stark started to say and Steve looked up to see you standing near the back door with your head down as your back was to them.

"We took a hit. We'll shake it off." He told Maria. "Well, for now, I'd stay in stealth mode and stay away from here." She told him. "So, run and hide?" He asked and she said "until we can find Ultron, I don't have a lot else to offer." Tony sighed as he looked at the team. "Neither do we." He said and ended the call. He walked up to Barton who was in pilot. "Hey, you wanna switch out?" He asked. "No, I'm good." Clint replied before saying "y/n saved their asses. She gave me a serum for them each to take. Said it'll take an hour or so to start working. If you wanna get some kip, now's a good time because we're still a few hours out."

"A few hours from where?" Tony asked. "A safe house." Clint told him as he drove. Tony nodded lightly and noticed where you were. He wasn't always the best person to chat with but seeing how injured you were, the way you took on the Hulk, he wanted to see how you were holding up. Walking over, he gently tapped your arm with his hand and spoke. "How are you holding up?" You looked up from your spot and straight ahead. "I'm okay, I'm fine." You replied and he didn't believe you. "Y/n.." He said and you looked down for a moment before facing him "I can't help but think this was my fault. I could've stopped Wanda from messing everyone's minds but I didn't. I could've stopped Ultron from doing more damaged but I couldn't." You said.

"It isn't your fault. It's mine. I'm the one who created him." He said. "You didn't think it would work." You mentioned. Tony sighed a little then asked him he could at least help you clean out the blood from your hair. Nodding, you sat down on one of the chairs and he went and got the medical kit. Sitting down next to you, he took out a cloth and started to clean the section of your hair that had blood on it. No one said a word about it. They were still thinking on their own.

-

Arriving at the area where Clint had said was the safe house, it was some time in the morning when he landed near the trees. Everyone exited the jet and Clint was in front helping Natasha as he held a grip on her so she wouldn't fall. Tony was behind him, then Thor, you, Steve and Banner. Compared to everyone, you had some blood on you while the others just had dirt and scratches. "What is this place?" Thor asked as you all started to go up the steps. Thor was next to Stark as they went up, Steve next to you and Banner behind. "Safe house." Tony answered Thor and you all went in.

"Let's hope." Clint told them and they entered the living space. "Honey?" Clint called out. "I'm home." He said and Natasha was all the way on the right, Steve on her left, Thor on his left, you were between Thor and Tony, and Bruce was the closest to the main front door but next to Tony playing with the wrist part of his shirt. A pregnant woman came into view and Clint said "Hi. Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead." She smiled and replied "hey" as she gave him a small kiss.

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony said to you and Thor. "Gentlemen and woman, this is Laura." Clint said. "I know all of your names. Except for you." Laura told them then pointed at you. You looked at her and shifted uncomfortably in your spot. "That woman you don't know, helped us out." Clint stated and then footsteps could be heard coming. "Ooh. Incoming." Clint spoke as he bent down and picked up his daughter when she said 'Dad'. "Hi sweetheart." He said. "Hey, Buddy." He told his son and gave him a hug. "How are you guys doing?" He asked them.

"Theses are smaller agents." Tony said and you patted his shoulder as you shook you head no. "Look at your face! Oh, my goodness." Clint told his child. "Did you bring Auntie Nat?" His daughter asked and Natasha looked over before saying "why don't you hug her and find out?" She picked the girl up and walked over to the side. "Sorry for barging in on you." Steve said. "Yeah, we would've called ahead but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony mentioned.

"Yeah, well, Fuey helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D's files. I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low." Clint told them. "Honey." Laura started to say and Thor stepped on LEGO's before pushing them over to the side. "I missed you. How's little Natasha, huh?" Natasha said. "She's... Nathaniel." Laura told her with a slight frown. That's when Natasha bent down and whispered at Laura's belly "traitor." The little girl walked over to Thor and looked at him. You winced at pain in your head and asked for some air before abruptly heading outside. Tony was talking with Banner and Thor noticed you leave suddenly so he followed.

When he found you, he saw you with your hands on the railing, head down and taking deep breaths. "Are you Alright?" He asked you and you shook your head no. "What seems to be of a matter?" He asked and you stood up. "It's the metal chip that's in my head." You said and breathed out "I tried taking it out in the boat while everyone was fighting but it hurt and didn't seemed to be working so I stopped." You admitted and he nodded.

He heard Steve call out for him "Thor?" Thor told you he had to leave and why before walking towards the open field. Steve was trailing behind. "I saw something in that dream. I need answers. I won't find them here." He told Steve then left flying in the air. Steve turned to see you walking towards the end of the porch. "Hey, Wait.." He told you and you stopped but didn't face him. "How are you holding together?" He asked and you turned your head a 90 degree angle before replying "Holding." Then there was no other questions asked as you both stood in silence. "Want to take a walk with me?" He finally asked you and you turned fully this time before nodding. Your hands were wrapped over your torso, hugging your sides.

-

"Sorry, you're worried for nothing." Clint told his wife. "Can't even feel the difference, can you?" He asked her and she shook her head before saying "if they're sleeping here, some of them are gonna have to double up." Clint chuckled before telling her "yeah, that's not gonna sell." Laura followed him. "What about Nat and Banner? How long has that been going on?" She asked. "Has what?" Clint asked back. She laughed at him "you are so cute." She said. "Nat and Banner?" He questioned and she smiled "I'll explain when you're older, Hawkeye." He placed a flannel on. "Well, Okay." He replied. "It's bad, right? Nat seems really shaken" She asked him. Clint sighed, "Ultron has these allies. These, Uh, kids. They're punks, really. But they carry a big, damn stick. And Nat took a serious hit." He then added "someone's gonna have to teach them some manners." She followed him out of the closet. "That someone bring you. You know I totally support you're avenging. I couldn't be prouder. But I see those guys..." she started to say and Steve was shown outside with Tony cutting wood as you were lying on the grass not too far away from Steve. "Those gods..." She added and he quickly spoke "you don't think they need me."

Laura had a hand on his shoulder as she said "I think they do, which is a lot scarier. They're a mess." Barton sighed as he looked at the window "Yeah. I guess they're my mess." He said. "You need to be sure that this team is really a team, and that they have your back." She said. "Things are changing for us. In a few months' time, you and me are gonna be outnumbered. I need... just be sure." She added and he nodded saying "yes ma'am." Then kissed her. Rubbing the side where he got injured, she said "I can feel the difference."