ʇɥƃᴉǝ

" why do we keep meeting? "

𝐣𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐨 ఌ

𓂀𑁍𓂀

I don't want to believe at what Chaeyoung said, but because many things kept happening it's not really hard to believe that what she said was true. Still, there's a lot of unanswered questions circulating in my head but it all flew away when I checked the time.

5:22pm

"Omo! I need to go!" I said to myself before going to my bedroom then to my walk-in closet so that I could atleast change my top and jacket before putting on my mask and cap and leaving the house with my keys, phone, money, and of course the cake.

Without a thought, I exit my apartment and came running towards the elevator. I entered the elevator and pressed the 1st floor. When I arrived at my floor, I quickly ran towards the exit. I was in so much hurry that I bumped accidentally at someone.

Because of the clash, the woman I bumped in to dropped her purse making all her belongings fall out of the bag. It probably had no zipper. Even though I was rushing to get a cab, I still stayed to help her while repeatedly apologizing to her.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm really sorry--" I stopped when I accidentally saw my reflection from the woman's makeup powder that has a mirror on it. The powder broke, the mirror had some cracks but was still intact and I could still see my reflection clearly.

And there it is again, the mirror went black and white. A new image appeared.

Unfamiliar street.

Familiar girl.

Carrying a plastic of bread and two kiddie drinks.

Crossing the street.

Hit.

The culprit ran.

The color red appeared, staining the road.

"Yah miss. I understand that you're in a hurry, but you bumped into me and broke my expensive makeup powder." The woman I bumped into said.

I finally look up at her and stood up, giving her the broken makeup powder. I then fished out 30,000 won from my wallet and hurriedly gave it to her.

"Buy a new one. I'm so sorry. I have to go." I said before grabbing the cake and my belongings before I dashed towards the exit. I could hear the woman calling for me, but I didn't look back. I need to hurry.

With all the energy I got, I ran back to the bakery shop ignoring how the sky got darker and the streets were a little scary. When I got there, the woman who served me the cake was not in the cashier anymore. I looked around the shop in hoping she was still here, when suddenly another worker there approached me.

"What can I help you with, Miss Kim?" The female asked in a jolly tone, making me jumped a little as I was surprised by her presence.

"Do you know the female worker that was working here awhile ago? A young one, probably in college?" I asked, the face of the woman in front of me lit up.

"Oh, do you mean Ryujin? She just left awhile ago. Her shift ended so--"

"Do you possibly know where she lives?" I asked, cutting her in mid-sentence.

"I only know what bus she takes and where she stops, but not the exact address."

"That'll do. Can you please tell me? I need to see her."