4. Business minded

Like I am really sorry for making you all wait. I know I made you guys wait for a month and more but I couldn't help. The writer's block was damn annoying and I finally managed to overcome it. I am really sorry and thanks for waiting .

****

"He who wears the crown bears the weight of it. I am the crown and this is just one of the consequence of chosing me. So bear it." She patted the area of my heart a bit and smiled  at me and I could feel my heartbeat get wilder as I stared at her.

I averted my gaze from her and gently pushed her away. "I am not going in that ring." I denied, without looking at her.

"Hon-"

"Don't you dare honey me." I snapped my head towards her.

"Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey." She shouted as she huffed in anger. She was suddenly angry and I couldn't comprehend anything. In this kind of situations instead of bursting out she would rather irritate me. What had suddenly happened?

She turned around and walked away. As I reached up to her I could see her hit her chest a few times. "Nandini are you sick?" I asked.

She looked at me. "What if I am? Will you take away my sickness?"

"Huh?" I was confused.

"I am going to change. Are you going to follow me in there as well?" She said and I abruptly stopped my steps. I had literally been following her without even realising.

"I'll be waiting for you. You go take your time." I said as I turned around. "And yea I am not going to be your practising partner." I reminded her and strangely she didn't say a word.

Five minutes later  I had been busy going through my mails when I heard the changing room door click open. I raised my gaze to look at her. She had been wearing a fitting gym shirt and  her hair was tied up in a high ponytail. She looked cool.

She wore the boxing gloves and started punching the boxing pillow. I stared at her. She was very different from the girls I had known till date. The girls I had known acted all classy. They were well mannered or rather say they only spoke when necessary. They were practically fake, no offense though. But she- she was different. She loved being herself. She was sassy at times and annoying most of the times but-

"Stop staring at me until and unless you want to be my practising partner." Her words snapped me back from my thoughts and I immediately averted my gaze from her. But from time to time I looked at her practising passionately. She looked content.

An hour later, we walked out of the fight club. She locked the door and kept the keys under the flower pot kept on the side of the door.

"Do you want to go grab a drink with me? Coffee, Beer or anything else?" She asked and I was surprised. For the first time she was asking something with me genuinely and not to annoy me.

"Umm sure." I said.

We both crossed the road and entered a restaurant just opposite to the club. "Nandini it's been a while since I saw you here." The restaurant owner said as soon as we entered the restaurant.

"Yea aunty it's been hectic in the hospital. How's grandma now?" She asked sweetly.

"She's better than before." The owner smiled.

"And wh-who's he? Your friend?"

"Umm kind of yes and kind of no." She said and shrugged. We placed our orders before walking upto an empty table.

"Nandini I know you don't want this marriage but still can you reconsider? Like you haven't even given me a chance." I spoke out. I suddenly wanted to sort out the things between us.

"Chance??" She paused, looking at me. "Manik do you really want to marry me?"

"Umm yea I do." I replied.

"And why? Because of your dad? Am I right?" She questioned.

"Well you aren't wrong but you aren't right as well." It was true that my dad was pressurizing me to marry her but then I was doing it all for buisness. "It's all business for me but trust me I am truly willing to give a chance to this marriage." I said and I meant what I said.

She scoffed. "Yea right!! How could I forget? Business.... But Mr. Malhotra don't you think it's unfair for me?"

"Then why can't you just reject me?"

"Do you think I didn't try to? My mum is practically blackmailing me. She is a heart patient and she just wouldn't go for her weekly checkups if I refuse to marry you." She explained her situation and I felt bad for her.

"Then just MARRY ME." I said, pressuring the word 'Marry me'.

"I don't want to. You just aren't my type." Now that offended me.

"Excuse me. You too aren't my type. Okay?"

"Then just REJECT ME." She said, pressuring the word 'Reject me'.

"You know I can't do that."

She let out a sigh. "You know what you are one stupid business minded guy. Like seriously! Is business everything for you?"

This statement of hers hit me deep down and I just lost my calmness, which I rarely did. "If that's what you think about me, then keep on thinking that way. A stubborn childish troublemaker girl like you can never understand me."

I stood up from my seat, enraged and walked towards the exit. I stopped just a few meters away from her and looked at her from over my shoulder. I could see her look at me and she looked hurt. Strangely that made me feel bad.