5 | dreadnought

5 | DREADNOUGHT

"I can't believe this! The moment you get back, I'm put on the sidelines!" Celestia was pissed

"I can't believe this! The moment you get back, I'm put on the sidelines!" Celestia was pissed. Leia had told her to sit this mission to take out the Starkiller out. She claimed that she needed to preserve at least a few of her best pilot in case anything went wrong on the mission.

"Calm down, Cel." Poe tried to calm her raging.

"Calm down?! I chose to be here, she's lucky to have me here after I was making so much money as a merc. And now, I'm being treated like a nobody. She's doing this on purpose! She knows I've always been the best and wants me to feel useless!" Celestia grabbed all of her clothes and shoved it in her bag.

"Cel, please. This isn't all necessary. She wants to keep you here because you're valuable. And she knows that she's lucky to have you on her team." Poe grabbed her arm to keep her from packing up her stuff and leaving.

Just by his touch, she felt weak and vulnerable. Her anger turned to sadness, and she collapsed into Poe's arms. She began to sob with her head on his shoulder. "I hate this." She cried. She didn't like feeling like a nobody. She had felt like a nobody her entire childhood. Being abandoned by her parents for unknown reasons made her feel unwanted, and that's a feeling she wanted to stay away from for the rest of her life.

"I know." Poe caressed her long, soft hair.

* * *

The First Order resigns. Having decimated the peaceful Republic, Supreme Leader Snoke now deploys his merciless legions to seize military control of the galaxy. Only general Leia Organa's band of Resistance fighters stand against the rising tyranny, certain that Jedi Master Luke Skywalker will return and restore a spark of hope to the fight. But the Resistance has been exposed. As the first order speeds toward the rebel base, the brave heroes mountain desperate escape...

Shortly after the mission to destroy the Starkiller, which Celestia was excluded from, the rebel base was being evacuated as the First Order was coming to attack it. Fortunately, Celestia was there to command all remaining soldiers of the Resistance to take what they could and flee. "There are still 30 pallets of cannon shells in C bunker." One soldier notified Celestia.

"There's no time! Just get everyone on the transports, now!" Celestia barked as she readied her own fighter.

Suddenly, a loud boom erupted from the sky. Celestia looked up and saw a First Order ship jumping out of hyperdrive and into their atmosphere. "Oh no." She groaned. After one arrived, at least five others appeared as well. "Let's go, lets go, let's go!!" She frantically shouted for everyone to get on the transports.

She powered on her fighter and began to fly straight toward the massive First Order ships she had no idea how to defeat. She was the only fighter pilot on that damned base, and all she could think of was distracting the First Order while the others escaped. No one could believe it when they saw her light fighter taking off toward the enemy. Her ship was a speck in comparison to the handful of megaships the First Order had appeared with.

She flew directly in front of the control ship that commanded the others, and stopped right before them. Their cannons were drawn and she gulped, wondering if that was how she was going to go out. Suddenly, another light fighter flew right up next to her ship. This one carrying Poe and BB-8. Poe shot her a deadly look through the windshield as they had their two fighters stopped right in front of massive First Order ships that could obliterate them at any moment. "Are you insane?" Poe scoffed at her.

"Are you insane? Why would you follow me, the insane one?!" Celestia exclaimed.

"I wasn't going to leave you behind." He told.

"Oh, but you didn't seem to mind when you had to leave me to go destroy the Starkiller." She bickered with him.

"Are we really going to do this, now?" He sighed, gesturing to the enormous enemy ships before them that could kill them at any second. "Come on, we've pulled crazier stunts that this." Poe tried to calm himself by pretending that they situation they were in wasn't so intense.

"Well, what are we going to do, commander?" Celestia asked him.

Poe raised a finger up to signal that he was on hold while he connected his communication device to the First Order ship to send them a message. "Attention! This is Commander Poe Dameron of the Republic fleet, I have an urgent communique for General Hugs."

"This is General Hux of the First Order." The General replied. "The Republic is no more. Your fleet are Rebel scum and war criminals. Tell your precious princess there will be no terms, there will be no surrender."

"Hi, I'm holding for General Hugs." Poe winked over at Celestia. She muted herself on the comms and giggled at his act of pissing the General of the First Order off.

"This is Hux. You and your friends are doomed. We will wipe your filth from the galaxy!" Hux's voice boomed over the comms.

"Okay, I'll hold."
"Hello?"
"Hello? Yup. I'm still here."
"Can you—can he hear me?"
"Hugs?"
"He can."
"With an H? Skinny guy. Kinda pasty."
"I can hear you. Can you hear me?"

"Look, I can't hold forever. If you reach him, tell him Leia has an urgent message for him...about his mother." Poe seemed to be distracting him while he did something in his fighter. Practically saving Celestia from making going on a suicide mission.

Celestia understood and instantly whipped her ship around to bolt away from the First Order ships. Right at her heels, Poe came flying away just as the First Order ships began firing on them. "Cannons!" He instructed Celestia to go for the cannons as he made his way to the dreadnought.

She shot down nearly all of the cannons on top of the ship he was after. "Tallie, start your approach." Poe ordered the other pilots in the navy to begin their attack.

"One cannon left!" Celestia informed Poe.

"And here comes the parade." Poe groaned as the First Order fighters scrambled outside to attack the small resistance fighters.

Dozens of them flew out and began shooting at them. One managed to hit Poe's fighter. "Cel, my weapons systems are down! Take out the last canon or our bombers are toast!" He barked are her.

"Got it!" She replied as she flew directly to the canon.

"It's over! You guys did it. Now get back here so we can get out of this place." Leia spoke over the com.

"No, she's got it!" Poe shouted over the com as he watched Cel's fighter charge at the canon. "We have the chance to take out a dreadnought! These things are fleet killers, we can't let it get away!"

"Disengage now, commander. That is an or—" Leia began to speak but Poe cut his and Celestia's communications off except for their direct line to each other.

Cel shot at the canon and instantly knocked it out. "Got it, got it!" She cheered.

"Wooohooo! Yes! This is why I love you!" He cheered, excitedly. Then, Poe turned on the communications again. "All clear, bring the bombs!" He ordered.

The bombers quickly flew in and bombed the dreadnought, but, all of the bomber ships were taken out in the process. It was a hefty loss, but it was nearly worth it for the win they had just achieved by taking out the dreadnought.