PROLOGUE (pt 2)

SECURE — PROLOGUE PT. II

[ she smiled widely at him. "I've got a good feeling about this friendship." ]

⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺

⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺ ⁺

"First years, come along. If you would all please follow me!"

An aging lady walked swiftly in front of them, her velvet purple robes billowing behind her as her heels created click-clack sounds on the stone floors.

Hogwarts was absolutely marvelous. The large castle was decorated with large paintings and other unique artifacts that Katie had only heard about in the books her mother had read her when she was a small child.

Moments earlier, when the first years were still gathered outside of the castle, she caught a look at the tall towers and the little hints of light coming out of the various windows, looking like fireflies against the dark night sky.

Upon reaching the inside halls of the castle, the lady—who'd introduced herself as Professor Mcgonagall—had them sorted into a line alphabetically. James had said a quick good luck to Katie before walking off to his designated spot in the line. Remus had stayed with Katie, seeing as there were no first years with last names starting with the letters I through K.

The two had already gotten close from the train ride, and he'd eventually learned to be less nervous around her and James by the time they had reached Hogwarts.

She turned slightly, looking at him and nudging him slightly. "It's beautiful isn't it," she whispered to Remus, who was still looking up at the architectural design of the castle, a fascinated smile on his face. He looked down at her, and nodded quickly before looking back up again.

To their right, two large, ornate doors began to open slowly, revealing a room even larger than the one they were standing in. There were four tables all in rows, lines of empty plates upon them. Students were gathered around, sitting at the tables with an almost impatient look, but all quieting down when the doors had finally opened.

Placed at the center of the vast room was a long table, a stool placed in front of it. On the stool was a dusty looking, old hat—the Sorting Hat, she remembered her father telling her one night.

Professor Mcgonagall stepped up next to the stool, a parchment in hand. She adjusted her spectacles slightly before reading the first name on the list.
"Sirius Black."

The boy she'd seen earlier stepped up to the stool, his arms placed stiffly in his lap. She remembered him now. Her mother had sometimes spoke of his family, the Black family. One of the most famous pureblood families in the Wizarding World.