IX ; holidays

* * *

            HARRY WAS INCREDIBLY ANGRY. elara could feel it like she was experiencing the emotion herself. as she was new to the whole 'friends' thing, elara didn't know what to say. harry told elara that he didn't blame her for anything although she felt like it was her fault. ron and hermoine seemed to know what to do, so elara let them handle it.

            they didn't seem to be doing a great job at it. soon enough, elara found out this was the first time harry really got like this.

            it also seemed that harry was stubborn. elara wasn't surprised considering his track record from the past two years; fighting voldemort quirrel and saving ginny weasley from the chamber of secrets even when almost everybody told him not to.

          "don't be silly," said hermione in a panicky voice. "harry doesn't want to kill anyone, do you, harry?"

           harry didn't answer. he stared at the crackling fire.

           "malfoy knows," he said abruptly. "remember what he said to me in potions? 'if it was me, i'd hunt him down myself... i'd want revenge.'"

            "you're going to take malfoy's advice instead of ours?" said ron furiously. "listen... you know what pettigrew's mother got back after black had finished with him? dad told me — the order of merlin, first class, and pettigrew's finger in a box. that was the biggest bit of him they could find. black's a madman, harry, and he's dangerous —"

            "malfoy's dad must have told him," said harry, ignoring ron. "he was right in voldemort's inner circle —"

            "say you-know-who, will you?" interjected ron angrily.

            "— so obviously, the malfoys knew black was working for voldemort —"

            "— and malfoy'd love to see you blown into about a million pieces, like pettigrew! get a grip. malfoy's just hoping you'll get yourself killed before he has to play you at quidditch."

             "harry, please," said hermione, her eyes now shining with tears, "please be sensible. black dida terrible, terrible thing, but d-don't put yourself in danger, it's what black wants... oh, harry,you'd be playing right into black's hands if you went looking for him. your mum and dad wouldn't want you to get hurt, would they? they'd never want you to go looking for black!"

            "i'll never know what they'd have wanted, because thanks to black, i've never spoken to them,"said harry shortly.

           elara pulled her knees to her chest and put her head down. the guilt was overwhelming. her cousin got harry's parents killed, her mum tortured alice and frank longbottom into insanity. she peered over her knees and saw the trio staring at her.