IX

1

1.17 am. Hana has been staring at the box Jungkook dropped off for the past thirty minutes. Every time she comes close to opening it, she gets up with a lame excuse to do something else. By now, she has peed ten times and although there is nothing left in her bladder she knows she can go in for the eleventh.

The brunette girl sighs through her nose. She's sitting on her bed, surrounded by her homely comforter and familiar pillows. She's cozy, but not quite. The reason of her discomfort is a box that her fingers itch to open but her mind keeps telling her not to.

"Okay," she huffs out. "Stop it, you're acting as if there's some life changing shit in there. Just open it."

When Hana's fingertips slightly nudge the box open, she almost wishes for a second she never opened it. There are stacks of Polaroid pictures and an all too familiar red lunchbox sitting inside. She can't describe the way her chest constricts in a breath that is shaky and her heart thuds loudly at the sight of all her childhood coming back at her at once.

She touches the lunchbox first, not daring to take it out but smiling at the memories behind it. There isn't any dust present on any of the items and it momentarily confuses her until her eyes land on the small stack of pictures.

There are so many that Hana is almost reluctant to go through them. The first one she picks up is a picture of Jungkook and her in a small camping tent. She smiles at the sight of Jungkook's round face and long hair, hes holding up a V sign against his face and Hana is doing the same. She notices the surroundings and laughs through her nose when she remembers how serious the duo took the camping trip in her backyard.

"Hana stop you're burning them!"

Jeongguk reached out to grab Hana's hand that was holding a s'more on a stick over the fire. Well, it was a s'more because the thing now at the end of her stick was a burnt piece of once marshmallow.

"Oh no," Hana pouts at it. She looks at Jeongguk with hopeless eyes who simply tuts at her.

"Here, I'll show you how to do it."

She watches as Jeongguk expertly twirls the marshmallow over their small bonfire. He pulls it out at the right time to reveal the perfect s'more and Hana's mouth waters at the sight. She wishes she had Jeongguk's expertise and skill to do anything perfectly.

"Here," he says, pushing the s'more her way. "You can have this one."

"Really?" Hana's eyes are brighter with their small bonfire reflected in them.

"Yeah, duh."

Hana smiles as she places the Polaroid aside. Her pretty hands reaching out to grab the next one. It's of Hana on her brand new bicycle. She's pretty short for it and it's obvious from the she sits uncomfortably on it. She's still smiling though, Jungkook taking a picture of her, marking the day of her first ever mode of transportation.