CHAPTER 6

Emma's POV:

Don't know how long I stood there in the same place looking at the closed door through which he went. After sometime regaining my senses I went inside the room where he left me. The room was pretty much simple with the basic necessities with everything in cream and its contrast having two doors inside which obviously meant they are bathroom and closet.

I saw my bags beside the bed and took my clothes for night deciding to arrange the remaining clothes in the closet tomorrow. I quickly went inside the bathroom and took a hot bath which helped in relaxing the body.

I dressed up and went to bed thinking about the whole day's events. Thinking about it brought tears to my eyes and I terribly missed my parents.

When I accepted for this marriage I thought Asher and I could try to be friends or sort things out in a matured way. I wasn't shocked that he gave me a separate room because I intended to ask him myself for it but I was hurt by his reaction and how he treated me.

I was there crying my eyes out which slowly turned into silent cries and slowly the darkness of sleep consumed me.

Dream....

I was sitting in a very lightly lit room making most of it seem dark and dull when I saw a man coming towards me slowly but when he bent I saw a boy in his hands. He placed the boy beside me who was still unconscious but I was able to see blood flowing down his right leg.

"See I brought a friend" the man said in a sinister laugh bending towards me with a knife in his hands.......and I felt my chest getting tight seeing the blood on it.

That made me got up gasping for her like always when I touched my cheek sure enough there were the tears I feel every day.

I don't know what this dream means but every day I wake up to this same nightmare and with tears in my eyes gasping for air as if it was real. When I told my parents about this asking if I was ever kidnapped before but the answer was always a no irrespective of how many times I asked them to make sure.

When I calmed myself down I checked the time and saw it was 5 in the morning. I decided to brush and go down to search for the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

When I went down the stairs I didn't know in which direction I should go. I saw two doors beside the stairs one on each side. So I assumed mostly the kitchen would be somewhere in the right and went towards the door there. I guess today was my lucky day so I found what I want.

When I entered the kitchen I saw a lady in her mid 40's kneading the dough. When she saw me she abruptly stopped what she was doing and came in front of me.

"Good morning Mrs. King" she greeted with a cheerful smile. Her smile is so contagious that I forgot I was brooding the night before due someone who cares less and smiled back.

She looked at me sceptically and went back to her work. I guess Mr. Rude didn't tell her that I can't talk and she took it offensively for lack of my response.

Rolling my eyes I went to the place where aprons were hanging and took one so I can finish the task I wanted to do.

Seeing me putting the apron on, she again came to me and asked "Is something wrong Mrs.King? Why are you putting the apron on?"

I just showed her the pan and went to the cabinets and searched for the ingredients needed for pancakes. I guess she understood for what I was looking and started helping me.

I prepared the batter for blueberry pancakes and started making them. I even made eggs and toast. I saw that the bread she gave for toast was fresh so I decided to ask her about it later.