51 - Y/N L/N

Past Midnight
Early Morning of December 27, 1944
German Airbase, Belgium, Luxembourg

"L/N?" I heard one of the figures in the dark say. Something hit the ground, the impact echoing in the sewer pipe. I watched as one of the figures bent down to pick whatever it was up.

"Zussman? Is that you?" I called out in a whisper, recognizing the voice and scared that I was imagining it.

As the two figures approached me, their faces became more clear. The sight of Zussman's face immediately made me run towards him. I wrapped my arms around him, squeezing him tightly while he did the same to me.

"Oh my gosh, Zussman. I didn't think you guys would be able to find me. Everything happened so fast and I felt completely helpless." I cried against his chest. "I really felt like I would never see you or everyone else ever again."

"It's okay, it's okay. You're safe now. We found you and we're gonna get you out of here," Zussman spoke to me softly, his voice slightly cracking. "I promise you that."

"How'd you guys know I was here?" I looked up at him with our arms still wrapped around one another.

"We didn't know," Daniels spoke up.

"But we figured since this is the closest spot from where you last were before you disappeared, that it was worth the shot searchin' around for you in here," Zussman explained. "This airbase also just so happens to be where the Krauts are holdin' the explosives they want to use to destroy the bridge in Remagen."

"This is an airbase?" I asked.

"Yes."

"That explains the plane that they had in the warehouse that they were keeping me prisoner in then," I said.

"Gosh, they hurt you badly, didn't they?" Zussman said as he cupped my cheek with one of his hands.

"Hell, getting shot hurt less than what they did to me." I backed away from Zussman so both men could get a look at me. "Just look at how they ruined my uniform too."

"We're gonna make those goddamn Krauts pay for what they did to you."

"L/N, is this one of the Krauts responsible for your kidnappin'?" Daniels pointed his gun at Viktor's body.

Viktor was slowly regaining his consciousness, slightly moving and letting out groans.

"Why'd he bring you in the sewer?" Zussman pointed his pistol at him as well. "Was he gonna do somethin' to you? 'Cause I'll gladly give him a whoopin' before we pull the trigger on him. This time for good."

"No, no, don't hurt him anymore." I crouched down and put pressure on his shoulder wound.

"What are you doin' helpin' a Kraut?" Zussman asked.

"Believe me, I never thought I'd be doing this either, but he helped me. He lied to the Krauts who were hurting me and to his own damn officer, telling them to leave and let him earn my trust by himself all so I wouldn't end up beaten to death."

"Are you sure he was actually being nice? He could've been takin' you somewhere to kill you or something," Zussman said.

"I don't know, Zuss. I didn't trust him at all at the beginning, but when I called him a Nazi, the look in his face said that he didn't want to be known as one. He took a risk untying me and giving me supplies to clean my wounds. His officer or comrades could've walked in at any moment, but he decided to take the risk and help me."

"Is he all right?" Daniels asked.

"He's still breathing and he seems to be waking up now."

"Fräulein L/N? Who are you talking to?" Viktor suddenly spoke.