Chapter 49: Time, destiny and bond

Time was always something uncontrollable and so was fate but Chan never thought that those two things could be so cruel. Just one minute ago the young wolf hybrid had been laying around in the room he shared with his younger brother Yedam and his mother in one of the pack houses. It had been a normal afternoon for him but it changed quicker than he could snap his fingers. 

His mother had bursted into the room yelling at him to get his brother and then run into the forest as far away from the pack houses as possible. The panic and urgency in her voice had made the young male shift into his wolf form out of reflex. Like his mother had wanted Chan dashed out of the room in search for his younger brother.

As far as Chan knew Yedam was with some boys, who were part of the moon pack and around the same age as his younger brother. Yedam had said they wanted to train some tricks before he had left the room, meaning he just needed to find where they were training right now. Chan had soon realized why his mother had been panicking when he saw the fight that had erupted outside of the pack house. Shifted werewolves and wolf hybrids were fighting against what Chan could only guess to be humans with weapons.

After the young wolf hybrid had ran out of the pack house he was in the middle of the chaos. He just ran through it, while dodging everything that seemed dangerous, no matter if it was just a pointy object or a real weapon. He hated that he couldn't call out to his brother in his wolf form and that he was alone in this chaos of metallic weapons, claws and teeth but his first priority right now was finding his brother. Everything else was not important right now.

The fighting noises filled his ears. The howls and growls of shifted werewolves and wolf hybrids followed by the screams and angry yells of humans. The noises of clinking weapons, the scratching of claws, the baring of teeth were everywhere along with the scent faint scent of blood.

Fate and time were cruel things, Chan fully realized when a gigantic, shifted werewolf crashed down in front of him, making him stop running at once. The werewolf just laid there blocking Chan's way and for a moment Chan thought they would get up again and continue to fight but nothing like that happened. They just laid there being completely still, not even attempting to get up again. The grey fur of the werwolf was tinted in red and slowly Chan could smell the heavy and warm scent of fresh blood. The werewolf didn't move at all but the scent of blood and death was slowly surrounding them.

The young wolf hybrid had the feeling he couldn't move, couldn't hear. The fighting noises faded into the background and he just looked at the unmoving body of the werewolf in front of him while his nose was filled with the scent of blood and death. It made his stomach cramp, making him feel sick.

Chan was ripped out of this state and his thoughts when a human jumped over the dead werewolf with his weapon pointed at him. Without hesitation the human dashed forward, aiming the pointy end of his spear at Chan's head. The young wolf hybrid dodged the attack in the last second and started to run again like he was chased by the devil himself.

"Yedam, by all the gods where are you", Chan thought to himself in a panic. He needed to find his brother as soon as possible and get him out of her as long as he could. Suddenly he heard a loud and very familiar yelp over the fighting noises. Chan immediately recognized the yelp as his brother's and ran towards it, avoiding every fight he came across.

He jumped over a brush, which had blocked his way and was met with another fighting scene but this time Chan wouldn't just dodge it because a female human was towering over his little brother's black wolf form, ready to end the younger's life with the spear in their hand.

Chan dashed forward, remembering the lesson he had with Donghun. He ducked slightly and then dashed forward targeting the human's hand they held the weapon in. Without hesitation Chan bit down onto the human's hand without letting go, earning a high pitched scream and a dropped spear.