20 | heaven in hiding

| meliorism |
chapter twenty
❝ isobel ❞

| meliorism |chapter twenty ❝ isobel ❞

҉  ҉  ҉

Rhena was deep in thought, not hearing clearly what Mr Saltzman was saying. Even though her mind was elsewhere, her body was glued to the chair. Half wanted to go, half wanted to stay. It wasn't until a paper was placed in front of her that she looked up and payed attention.

"These are the specs for the history department's founder's day float" Mr Saltzman gave each person on the table a paper. He seemed distant, like he had a lot in his mind as well, she hoped he could resolve whatever it was "we're going to be recreating the Battle of Willow Creek, Tyler's been nominated head of the production design and Rhena the head of the general production for our float"

"By who?" Tyler and Rhena asked as she raised her eyebrows, looking at their teacher.

"By me" Me Saltzman replied, giving him a look, then looking over at her "I've seen your sketches and they're good, and Rhena, you're one of my most responsible students, you can keep everyone in check"

Tyler looked at her, thinking she might had gave their teacher the idea, but she shrugged in response "yeah, I'm not really the whole—"

"Yeah, well just pick your team, be creative, and...don't screw up" Mr Saltzman walked away, and she furrowed her eyebrows. She followed with her eyes until she noticed that he stopped to talk to Elena and Stefan, immediately she looked away.

    "Great" Tyler muttered while she shrunk in her place, hoping the couple didn't spotted her, he looked up to see Matt "do you want to help me out with this?"

    Matt shook his head "not really, no"

    She knew what had happened between them. Tyler had told her on the phone while he was drunk. She tried to call Matt, but he was upset with everyone, so she let him be.

    Tyler looked away, setting his eyes to her "Rheny, you're on my team, right?"

    "Do I have an option?" she raised her eyebrow, smiling lightly at him.

    "Not really" Tyler shrugged, looking down at the specifics for the float they were going to build "alright, let's do this"

    "Let's do this" she sighed and scoot a little over to go over a plan for his sketches and then for the plan in general. She looked at Matt, sending him a smile. He smiled back, but then looked away to talk to someone else.