Chapter 28

You were sat in the arm chair facing Harry, Hermione and Ron in the Gryffindor common room. Harry had been quite quiet and you was watching him out the corner of your eye as you read your book.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Hermione asked, signalling to Harry's hand.

"Nothing." Harry answered showing his other hand.

"the other hand." Hermione said pulling it out from under his book. She grabbed it and you saw a scar on the back of his hand.

"You've got to tell Dumbledore." You exclaimed.

"No, Dumbledore's got enough on his mind right now." Harry said pulling his hand away. "Anyways i don't want to give Umbridge the satisfaction."

"Bloody hell Harry, that woman's torturing you. If the parent's knew about this-" Ron said.

"Well i haven't got any of those have I Ron?" Harry retorted.

"Harry you've got to report this it's perfectly simple you're being-" Hermione informed.

"No it's not." Harry interrupted "Hermione whatever this is it's not simple. You don't understand." He said closing his book and throwing it on the table in front.

"Then help us to." You said looking up at his as he got up. Harry ignored you and left the the three of you sitting there.

-

You decided to write to your parents, about Umbridge and the ministry interfering at Hogwarts. You thought they has a right to know especially the part about Umbridge hurting Harry, but told them not to take any action because it would make things worse.

On your way down the corridor you stopped at a small display cabinet when you saw Cedric's face. It was in with the Quidditch stuff because of him being the Hufflepuff seeker. Your fingers touched your bracelet that you still wore as you watched the picture move inside the cabinet. "you miss him?" You glanced to the left and saw Malfoy.

"Do you follow me everywhere i go?" You asked looking back into the cabinet.

"yes." He joked. You shook your head and smiled slightly. "You didn't answer my question."

"Why does it matter Malfoy?" You asked turning to face him. He looked back at you with his silver eyes, not saying anything. "Of course i miss him." You admitted. "If i knew that he would die i would've forgave him straight away and everyday i just see his body laying there outside the maze." You said holding back tears, rememberingback to the day it happened. "And now i'm going to cry thanks Malfoy." You sighed putting your hands up to your cheeks that were starting to burn up.

Malfoy put a hand on your shoulder making you glance up at him. His face wasn't in his usual mocking state instead it looked concerned. Your stomach flipped and you moved away. "I need to put this letter- erm bye." You stuttered walking away quickly.

What was that? You asked yourself. Why did he do that? You had no idea what happened. That was the most unlike Malfoy thing to do. Ever. He just seemed to be everywhere you was or lurking in the distance and catching your eye contact.

-

Right now you was sat in the great hall for breakfast opposite Ginny. "Do you ever stop eating?" Hermione asked Ron who was scoffing a sausage.

"What? I'm hungry. You never ask Y/N." Ron argued.

"Hey!" You defended as you tried to swallow the big mouthful of food you just ate. You noticed Harry walk up to the table. "Harry." You said.

"Can I join you?" He asked.

Suddenly there was a loud voice coming from in the corridor. "Pardon me professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" It was of course Umbridge.