A Pastel Prison

The first thing Jay and Carlos noticed when they got in the limo was the candy bar and both made a dive for it. Mal held Hadie back until they were done fighting then let him go for it. They may be demigods, but Hadie could get hurt; he was currently weaker than his sisters because of the collar slapped on him at birth to dampen his magic. Mal and Holly, both had them as well but had then removed when their magic finally stopped working on the isle. Being twins meant they had to share magic when they were younger. They were two halves of the underworld. Holly dealing in death and Mal in riches. Holly made everything around her die and Mal would make gold appear everywhere she walked. Hadie had no such obstruction and ended up with both sides. He had been stronger than his sisters and could make a tree die with one step and create a diamond with the next. As punishment for such power, he was condemned to wear the same magic dampening collar the girls had for years for life and the powerless Hades could do nothing to stop it.

Holly looked out the window and Mal looked into space, plotting on how to get the wand, but for very different reasons. Holly wanted to get Hades off the isle, Hades and her friends that was it. Mal on the other hand wanted to let all the villains out and prove to her mom that she was truly evil. Hadie was just fiddling with his collar hoping someone in Auradon could get it off for him. "You're both looking a little washed out. Let me help you out." Evie said as she opened her makeup compact and tried to take off Holly's sunglasses who hissed in pain and covered her eyes.

Holly scrambled to get her glasses back on reaching for them wildly trying to grab them out of Evie's hand while keeping the other hand on her face. Carlos snarled at Evie and snatched the glasses back, putting them in Holly's hand. Evie shrunk back; Carlos may have been the least evil of the older group but sometimes he could be the scariest after all his mother was in prison for trying her hardest to kill over 100 puppies. If that wasn't the definition of insanity, well they didn't know what was. "Evie, we talked about this during your exile. These glasses only leave my face if I'm in my cave. It's just plain painful otherwise. " Evie gave her a sheepish smile as she remembered Holly telling her that even the lowlight of the isle feels like Apollo tried to set her head on fire. "Plus, my eyes just freak people out."

Hadie touched under his own glasses; he had always felt insecure about his own detestable eyes.

Carlos's bit into a piece of what the Styx kids could only assume was what their father called Chocolate, "Oh! These! It's salty like nuts, but it's sweet like I don't know what."

"Let me see," Jay said rather intensely, Carlos stuck his tongue out showing the others the pre chewed candy. "Ew," Jay hit in and grabbed it away taking a bite.

Mal was playing with a small remote with a button on it she pushed the button which dropped the divider between the driver and the kids "Look!" Hadie yelled.

They all looked forward and saw that they were gonna go off the side of the island. "It's a trap!" Carlos yelled. They all huddled together screaming. Well Holly wasn't screaming; she took hold of Hadie wrapping her arms around him and Mal and just squeezed her eyes shut as tightly as she could. When they didn't drop straight into the sea and saw a golden glow under their eyelids they ventured a look, "What just happened?"

"It must be magic," Evie grinned at the prospect. They hadn't seen real Magic since Hadie was born.

Mal looked back at the driver, "Hey did this button open the magic barrier?"

He looked in his rearview mirror, "no, this one opened the magic barrier," he said holding up his own remote. "That one opens my garage. He looked back at her briefly and they reached for one above his mirror, "and this one." With that the divider closed.

Mal looked back at her friends agape, "Nasty," she grinned, "I like that guy."

Holly clutched her head and hid her face in Carlos' side. Hadie did the same to Mal, "What's wrong, Spitfire?" Carlos asked worriedly. Mal holding Hadie's shoulder sharing concerned looks with the others.