》13

Something about him simply asking her a small questions made her break down further

Unable to stop the chaotic tears that wouldn't cease in falling and she felt beyond embarrassed it was him to find her like this.
She was now crouching on the floor with her face in her hands, the pressures and lonesomeness seeping through the cracks.

Not long after she had began to cry painfully that she was shaking, the warmth of two arms encircled around her.

Mark had crouched down in front of her, his arms around her as she cried. He had his hand stroking her head as her body shook.

"It's okay." He said softly, his voice brushing against her hair.
"I'm here."

But was he? Could he truly be there for her, did he really care?

Or was it out of sympathy because she was too young to be feeling this way.

They walked in silence down the lonesome streets, the air thick with awkwardness but for Hana she felt more numb than anything.

Her eyes were distant and Mark kept flickering his gaze over to her in a worry as he bit down habitually on his chapped lips.

"So uh," he began, almost choking on the awkwardness that seeped from him.
"I'm not really good at the whole uh like comforting thing so uh..."

"It's fine."  She murmured out, eyes trained on the ground as they walked. They weren't walking close to each other, instead further away as they reached the crossing.

Hana wasn't in the right mindset to be spatially aware of her surroundings, so when she took a step on the busy road- his eyes narrowed.

Mark was actually known for having some pretty good reflexes and he was quick to step forward and grab Hana by the hand.

It happened too quickly to even process when he pulled her back towards him and out of the road.
Her head almost hit against his chest on courtesy of her 5'2 height.

Mark had his arm around her back and he breathed out in relief when he car zoomed back them and not into the girl.

"You should be more careful, you almost got hurt." He said, looking down at the girl who was already looking up at him.

His eyes flickered away from hers and to the convenience store on the other side of the road.
"Are you hungry?" He asked and at the lack of her reply, he looked down at her.

"Uh," he began moving his hand from her wrist that was squished between their bodies, yet the one around her back remained.

"You have an eyelash on your face, uh there." He said his eyes trailing up to hers when she reached up, blindly trying to remove it but a deep chuckle from him and a shake of his head sent her into a deep red fluster.

"Not there,"

His hand raised up towards her, palm against her cheek when his thumb brushed over her cheekbone.
"Here."

I'm back ;)

Oh ho ho ho Mark being the gentleman he is

What should happen 👀