Chapter Twenty-Two: Never Let Go

"People who shout joy from the rooftops are often the saddest of all

― Milan Kundera

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I found myself standing in front of grandmama Helga's portrait. She wasn't there, and I found my heart sinking to the deepest bottomless pit it could fall into.

I look around for Godric, but I couldn't find him either, so I just ask the painting adjacent to my grandmama's.

"Would you know where Helga Hufflepuff is?" I ask in a kind voice. The man in the painting eyes me for a second.

"Oh! You're the granddaughter! No, my dear. Helga isn't in Hogwarts at the moment." He tells me, making me sigh. I give him a sad smile and an understanding nod.

"Could you tell her I came for a visit? And that I really miss her?" I ask. The man's eyes brighten, and he nods.

"Wish someone still missed me." He admits. I see the sadness creep on the middle-aged man's expression.

"What is your name?" I ask, knowing because I read the description under his portrait, but wanting him to tell me.

He smiles up at me, eyes shining as if he knew what I was doing. "Vindictus Viridian. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, my dear." He grins up at me.

"My name is Valentine Dumbledore. Its an honour, sir." I reply, and he tilts his head at my last name. He thankfully doesn't comment on it.

"What has caused you so much distress, my dear child?" He asks. "Maybe I can be of some assistance?" He asks.

"Talk to me! Why would you talk to someone you just met!" Abaddon demands, getting jealous. I raise a brow at my demon. "You're MY human! I refuse." He hisses, and I can imagine him crossing his arms.

"You want to talk about girly feelings?" I ask the demon in disbelief. He's silent for a second.

"Sure..." He cringes, making me laugh.