𝚝𝚠𝚘

"Got the Fool card again! What the fuck does that mean?" Giovani, slammed the thin tarot card down glancing at me with dread in his deep brown eyes.

His skin resembled gold, brown spots sprinkled all over his face and most of the areas I'd seen had freckles as well. If looks could kill, Gio would be the epitome of all serial killers. I've seen girls throw themselves at him willingly.

He was not only popular for being a ladies man but he also was one of the coldest niggas to ever pick up a basketball. But Gio never entertained any of the thirsty females. He was shy around girls but also had a tough time engaging in relationships.

Ten years of knowing him and I'd never seen him in a relationship. And when he would talk about girls I never liked it. Made my stomach twist and turn the kind of feeling you get when you first drop on a rollercoaster. Would I be lying if I said I didn't have some type of feelings for my best friend? 

Hell yeah.

But I didn't want all those years of friendship to go down the drain all over some crush. Plus, I'm not even sure he feels the same way as I do. I'm like one of the guys and I hated that. None of the males in our friend group classified me as the regular female. I was very laid back and just liked to go with the flow.

I guess it's cause I wasn't with all the extra shit that girls nowadays were into. And it seemed to draw Giovani closer to me. We've been close since our last year of elementary school.

We shared every class together up to our senior year. I was quiet as a mouse, said nothing unless you spoke to me so I never initiated a conversation with him. Communication was very hard for me growing up because I wasn't like other kids.

I was the weird girl simply because I never had anything to say and me being dyslexic affected my annunciation of words.

But the second I felt comfortable around you there was no shutting me up.

"I'm not calling you a fool, just saying that there will be new beginnings. Just don't miss the signs," I shrugged sliding the cards against the table, shuffling the deck before putting them away.

"What signs?" He rolled his eyes and sat back comfortably in his chair.

"They're all around you, gotta pay attention," I smirked at him and he just raised his hands up in defeat.

"The repeating numbers, all I see is 111 every day but nothing comes after that. I feel like you and these damn spirits is playing with me," he shook his head and slid his finger along my desk.

I had a gift, one of those gifts that not too many people get. I was young when I learned I could communicate with spirits. At first, my parents didn't believe it. 'Oh it was probably a bad dream' or 'It's all in your head' but those events were too vivid to just be a dream.

Most kids go with their parents' intuition but I knew humans weren't the only species to roam the planet. I mean how could this world go on without them, they are our protectors. They watch over us and we take them for granted.

There's the spiritual world and then there's the physical. And oddly enough I lived in both realms.

It was strange almost like a dream, the ones that you can't escape from. But I had nothing but good spirits around me and it helped me detect the evil ones.

Which is why I had trouble making friends. And nobody understood me, not even my family could crack the code. I still didn't know why I was given the abilities that I acquired, it was a true gift.

I was just now really getting into tarot cards, Gop always let me practice readings on him. My family calls it witchcraft and I kind of kept it a secret.