Chapter 28

HIIIII, I AM BACK!!! My semester is over, work has slowed down and the christmas craziness has settled! The past few weeks has been a whirlwind in a good way. I had so many adventures and have stories to tell! ;) Okay, so I have big news!!! After doing some thinking, I have come to a conclusion and decided to make a confession. Glass Prison was originally supposed to be a spin off from the main story that I grew up writing for years! Glass Prison was supposed to be a stand alone as a prequel to my main series. But dammit, these characters has so much to say that one book isn't gonna cut it. So Glass Prison will be a trilogy.

Anyway! Thank you for all the comments and votes. I am still in shock that I have made it this far and by the sheer amount of love and support from you guys!

Enjoy~

________________________________________________

Meredith

It was dark. I couldn't see a thing.

A roar shook around me.

I gasped as cold drops pelted my face. In the darkness, I found my eyes and opened them. A dark sky and endless body of water reflected the sky before me. My breath hitched. The ground violently rocked to one side causing me to stumble. I clasped unknowingly in front of me; a metal rail dug into my palms as I clenched tightly, refooting myself. Lightning cracked above me, briefly lighting up my surrounding.

I was on a boat.

Fear filled my lungs, choking me. Not this nightmare again. I thought I stopped having them.

No, no, no, no, no, no.

I was back on the same boat, the last boat ride I ever went on. The very same boat that tossed me into the unforgiving sea. A sound of anguish escaped from my trembling lips, my tears mixed with sea brine and cold rain. I shivered as my wet clothes clung to my skin and my curls hung limply around my face. I dug my drenched converse into the wooden flooring but I kept sliding. I tightened my grip till my hands molded into the shape of the curve of the pipe that was the rail. There was a brief stillness; the boat slowed, waves paused and lightning silenced. They all waited in anticipation.

Then there it was.

The beast.

The boat tugged forcefully forward and then dipped perilously downward. A large dark mass rose and above the boat. The wind shrieked as the waves howled with glee as the beast grew even bigger. Lightning cracked excitedly, shining a spotlight on the monster. The dark wave stood ominously above, waves racing to the top and it watched, waiting for the right time; to devour me.

I stood frozen, unable to move but to watch in horror as the black mass grew. The beast gave one final roar and began to curl over me. Terror immobilizing me to the spot and I could do nothing but watch.

"NO!"

Another body grabbed me to be yanked against a warm, masculine body and the man raised his hand toward the beast while the other was wrapped securely around my waist.

He gave a loud grunt and the waves suddenly evaporated. The boat vanished along with the stormy sky and the dark sea. I was abruptly in a large room with tall windows that encased the sun rays that bled across the concrete floor. The smell of the sea brine was replaced with acrylic paint. Easels, chairs and stools were scattered across the room. I was in my old high school art classroom.

What am I doing here?

I let out a long shuddering breath at the familiar smell of paint and paper. I was no longer drenched from the sea, but instead warm. Really warm. Somebody had their arms around me and my skin tingled. I've never reacted to anyone like this but...