6 | first order attack

6 | FIRST ORDER ATTACK

Once the two returned to the new Resistance base, Celestia hurried over to Poe's fighter before he could even unbuckle himself

Once the two returned to the new Resistance base, Celestia hurried over to Poe's fighter before he could even unbuckle himself. She climbed up the side of it so she could be head-level with him. She smiled widely at him. "What?" He chuckled.

"You said I love you." She poked his chest.

Poe blushed. "Like you didn't already know." He rolled his eyes, trying to brush it off.

"But you said it first. Ha!" She laughed at him.

"Haha, it's so funny, isn't it?" Poe punched her arm.

"It really is." She leaned over to give him a quick peck on the lips.

* * *

Poe and Celestia were summoned by Leia quickly after the encounter with the First Order dreadnought. Leia instantly slapped Poe when they stood before her, before a word was even exchange. "You're demoted." She told him.

"What?! We took down a dreadnought!" Poe felt like he had gained her a victory, not a loss.

"At what cost?" She grunted at him.

"You start an attack. You follow it through." Poe explained.

"Poe, get your head out of your cockpit. There are things you cannot solve bu jumping in an X-wing and blowing something up! I need you to learn that." Leia scolded him, then turned to Celestia. Cel flinched, anticipating a slap from her, too. "You're promoted. You've got, Poe's job now. You were very brave and were willing to sacrifice yourself so that the others could escape." Leia complimented.

"Thank you, General." Celestia curtly nodded at her boss.

Leia walked away from them, leaving Cel to stick her tongue out at Poe. "This isn't fair." Poe groaned.

"You know what this tastes like? Sweet justice." She began to dance by herself in front of Poe, rubbing her promotion in his face. He hadn't been so kind when he got the job as commander, either, so it was her turn to make him jealous.

Poe's entire demeanor changed as he realized he could use her to get something that his new position as Captain could not. He took a suggestive step toward her and bit his lower lip as he gazed at her. Cel stopped dancing, immediately, and folded her arms across her chest. "What do you want?"

"Cel—"

"Ahem!" She stopped him right there so that he could address her, properly.

"Commander Djarin." Poe traced his finger along her jaw, making her heart melt for him. He knew the things he could do to make her weak in the knees for him, and he was going to do just that to exploit her new level of superiority. Celestia had her ways with Poe, as well, but in that moment, Poe had her wrapped around his finger—though, usually it was the other way around. "I need a favor." He smiled, devilishly.