Chapter Twenty-Three: Invisible Affections

Our shouting is louder than our actions,Our swords are taller than us,This is our tragedy

Our swords are taller than us,
This is our tragedy.
In short
We wear the cape of civilisation
But our souls live in the Stone Age
― Nizar Qabbani

In shortWe wear the cape of civilisationBut our souls live in the Stone Age― Nizar Qabbani

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow the students would return from the Winter holiday. It was New Years today. Tomorrow my friends would return from a long break, and I'd be confined to Hogwarts till the summer. I needed to get my goblet back today.

It was today or wait another five months. I open my compass, and I see the image of a house staring back at me. "Cool. So I actually find the house this time." I mutter and grab my backpack before rushing over to the library. I needed to check the steps of the invisibility charm, I was going to use.

I walk in-between the shelves and shelves of books before I come upon the one I was looking for. It was an invisible book. I grin in delight and reach up to grab it. The second my hand comes in contact with it, it comes into view. The brown leather and buckles that adorned it made the book look old and ancient.

I flip it open to the page I had memorized. I read through it silently, humming to myself as I rechecked all the steps of doing the spell. "Ouuuu Invisibility!" Abaddon grins in my head.

"Yup... A very complicated charm." I answer him under my breath.

"Nothing is too complicated for me." He proclaims, and I roll my eyes highly amused.

"Yes, of course. The magnificent Abaddon can do everything." I reply.

"Can you do this spell?" He asks me, and I nod absentmindedly.

"Yeah." I muse.

"Who are you talking  to, Dumbledore?" A voice demands and I whirl around to find Tom staring at me blankly.

"Myself," I answer quickly and then regret it instantly.

He looked at me like was some psychopath. Says the murderous killer...