04.

TO THE HILT
PART ONE
CHAPTER FOUR

WHEN LEORA FOUND ANAKIN AGAIN, he was in the skyfaring room being coached by Reeva

WHEN LEORA FOUND ANAKIN AGAIN, he was in the skyfaring room being coached by Reeva. He had no problem climbing, that was easy, he was highly in tune with the force. But it was the scarves that confused him, wrapping around him, getting in the way. His brows were knitted together, his teeth biting down in his lower lip as Reeva spoke to him calmly, directing him how to wrap the scarves.

Leora chuckled, announcing herself. "You're more than adequate for your first time," she told him to ease his frustrations. "We've all been learning the skill since we were toddlers. It's more difficult than it looks."

"Show me." He challenged, curiosity mingling with every feature.

Leora was not threatened by his challenge. "As you wish."

Leora swiftly maneuvered through the wooden rods, delicately tangling and untangling herself from the scarves attached until she was at the top of the contraption, sitting crossed-legged upon the white tulle fabric. It bent slightly under her weight but Leora had closed her eyes, focusing into a meditative state beforehand, and never lost her balance. She opened her eyes and glanced down. Anakin was already looking up, impressed. Reeva was used to it, an expert at skyfaring herself, but gave Leora a knowing glance. She gracefully brought herself to the ground.

"Did not take you for a show-off," Anakin teased.

"I'm merely a person that does not back down when challenged," she shrugged.

Anakin laughed and Leora dismissed Reeva of her duties, not anticipating needing her for the rest of the day.

Leora linked their arms, leading him. She knew all the places she wanted to show him, she'd thought about it the entire time she was gone.

"How does a Jedi and General of the Republic receive a day off in the middle of a civil war, anyway?" Leora inquired as they walked.

Anakin shrugged his shoulders. "I may have told them the Senator of Gatalenta had some information about the Separatist movement that she would only share with me, in person."

"I see," Leora chuckled at his lie. "And when you return and you possess no such information?"

"Senator Petall changed her mind. She felt it may be too dangerous for her to speak."

"Very clever of you."

"I do try, sometimes."

Leora brought him to a building that resembled the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. But instead of five spheres, it had one large sphere on the centre of the temple's roof, and the actual concrete structure was about half the size of the Jedi Temple. The resemblance was enough to stop Anakin in his tracks.

"What is this place?" He stood before the building in awe, looking up at its size. It was quite a glamorous building compared to the rest of Gatalenta's plain, organic architecture.