26. 𝗯𝗼𝗵!

THE GROUP TOOK A BOAT THROUGH THE CANAL IN VENICE. The scenery was absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking, the city was filled with so many historical aspect. Eszter inhales the fresh air and soaked in the sunlight that kissed her skin, letting the breeze dance through her hair. Sat on the edge of the boat, Eszter turns to gaze down at the water and was surprised to see how clear it was, but no clear enough to see the bottom. The buildings were eye catching, but the best part was growing underneath small bridges.

Beside the girl, Peter looks around the scenery before his gaze shifted towards Eszter. He admires her from aside, watching how she enjoyed the sun on her skin, or the way she dips her fingers over the top of the water. It made his heart flutter when he'd seen the way she'd smile in joy, admiring the view of Venice while he admires her. How strange. They were once strangers, turned to friendship, and now a couple. Memories of when he first started to think of the enhanced felt as if it were yesterday. Peter was so hung on Liz that he failed to acknowledge his true feelings he had for Eszter all along, and it took for him to be locked in some secret garage of some sorts.

Sometimes, it was a strange thought to think about- the fact that he and Eszter are a couple now. Does this mean things between them will be different? Wouldn't they have to act like the couples they see in school? Calling each other by pet-names, holding hands, kissing, hugging. Honestly, it frightened Peter slightly because he felt so nervous and shy around Eszter now, he is afraid to mess things up. He couldn't even ask the enhanced out himself- Eszter was the one to have asked him first; he couldn't admit his true feeling- Eszter did that first.

However, Peter is willing to learn and grow with Eszter by his side. To share a deep connection and get through whatever life throws at them. He wants to be a good boyfriend and give the enhanced all of his affection. Peter wants to hold Eszter's hand ad be able to kiss her without feeling so flustered all the time.

Peter's eyes widen when he realizes that Eszter was suddenly staring back at him, giggling to herself because she had caught him gazing at her.

As quickly as he possibly can, Peter looks away and pretends like he didn't just stare at Eszter. The girl grins bashfully, blush sprinkles the top of her cheeks with a rosy color, Eszter lowers her head and tries to suppress her ever growing smiles. When Peter looks back at Eszter, his shoulders shake with silent laughs. Suddenly, Eszter was resting her head on his shoulder, catching the boy off guard, but he was ready this time; his smile never seemed to fall as he admires the girl, confidently wrapping his arm around Eszter's shoulders, squeezing her body and pulling her closer into his warm touch.

This wasn't so bad.

All it takes if encouragement and confidence.

Don't overthink the situation, go with the flow, and you'll be fine.

However, the couple were unaware of lingering eyes from the other end of the boat.

Finally, the boat pulls up beside the dock in front of their hotel, the boat's engine pops with struggle to get to its destination, concerning Mr. Harrington the most. Their hotel was the most dinky-looking hotel in the area, and one fo the worst Eszter has ever seen. With scaffolding covering the front, making the hotel look rather displeasing to the eye. Run down and possibly infested with bugs, the enhanced shivers at the thought.

"Looks like we're here," Mr. Harrington announces, being the optimistic person he is. "They're doing some renovations to the place. Getting some upgrades."

But then a student retorts. "This place is trash."

"No argument there," Eszter mutters to Peter, cringing at the building as she shifts off of the edge of the edge of the boat and onto a more safer seat.