[30] Trouble

Easton's POV:

It's been a month since the club reopened, it's also been a month since I told Aubrey I love her. Things have been going well on both fronts. Aubrey and I are in a really good place, everything has felt different between us since we made things official and in the best way possible.

Things at the club have also been great, everything is running smoothly once again and we're making more money than ever with the new look and drink specials on offer.

I haven't been able to spend much time at the club the last few days, things with the Russians have peaked once again so I've been spending more and more time at the office helping the men with whatever they need. Because of this, I haven't seen much of Aubrey the last few days and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling like a neglectful boyfriend because of it.

It's currently 11:30 PM and I make my way through the front door. The house is quiet and most of the lights are off, only a couple have been left on to help me navigate my way through without breaking something.

I make my way up the stairs to the bedroom, turning the lights off as I go. There is a glow coming from under the door, Aubrey must have left the lights on to fall asleep again, she hates being in the dark when she's on her own.

Sighing softly, feeling like a bigger asshole I push the door open and find her sitting there reading a book.

"Sweetheart, you're awake." I say surprised

"I couldn't sleep again." She says as places her bookmark in her book and sits it down on the side table

Making my way over I sit down on the bed next to her and take her hand. "I'm sorry I've been coming home so late."

"You don't need to be sorry." She strokes my hand softly "I know you're working, and I know you're busy, I just find it hard to sleep when you're not here that's all."

Standing up I pull my shirt over my head, then remove my jeans. I reach over and turn off the lamp before getting into bed next to her. "Well I'm here now baby, so let's get some sleep." I pull her into my arms and kiss the top of her head.

I wake to the sound of constant buzzing. I reach for my phone and answer it.

"This better be good, it's three am." I whisper shout

"Boss we have something you're not going to like," Nate says on the other end of the phone

"And it couldn't wait until the morning?"

"They've put a hit on Aubrey."

"Fuck" I sit up quickly, Aubrey stirring next to me "How bad?"

"Leave the house now and take her to the place we've always said we'd go to if there was an issue, I'll meet you there."

I hang up the phone and look down at Aubrey, I should have never done this to her, I should have never gotten her into my mess.

"Aubrey wake up." I shake her

She rubs her eyes and sits up. "Baby, what's wrong?" She asks confusion and sleepiness written all over her face

I place my hand on her cheek stroking it softly." I need you to get up and get dressed, and grab a bag full of your most important things and some clothes."

"What? Why?" She knits her brows together

"Aubrey, just do it, don't fight me." I stand up from the bed and grab a bag filling it with clothes and important documents

"Easton I'm not going until you tell me why, what's going on? It's the early hours of the morning." She stands from the bed and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Aubrey." I warn with my tone and head for the door

She runs after me and places her hand on my cheek, pulling me back to her. "Baby please, are you in some kind of trouble."

I take a deep breath and nod my head "I am, and because of me you are as well, so Sweetheart please get your bag, we need to leave and we need to leave now. I'll tell you everything when we get to where we're going."

She moves past me and down the hall to her room, she pulls a few things from her draws and places them in her overnight bag, then makes her way back to the bedroom quickly shoving clothes into her bag.

"I'm ready." She says with a nod

Together we run down the stairs, and out the side door into the garage, it's too risky to take either car as they're parked out the front, so the bike it is.

"Ever been a bike before?" I question as I pull my bag across my body and grab my Helmet.

"No." She shakes her head

"You'll be fine." I hand her my helmet "put this on, and put your bag across your body so we don't lose it."

She pulls her bag across her body, and takes the helmet from my hands "what about you?"

"I only have the one."

"So you wear it." She moves it back towards me

"We don't have time to fight right now Sweetheart." I take the helmet from her and press a kiss to her lips, then place it on her head.

I push the bike out through the side door and push it around the back. I have a small dirt track leading from the back of the house out onto one of the main roads, no one knows about it and it's well hidden, just the way I like it.

Once we're far enough into the track, I jump on and wait for Aubrey to be holding on tight, only then do I start the bike and take off like a bat out of hell towards Mum and Dads place.

Yes, Mum and Dad's place is the safe house. Of course, Nate didn't say that on the phone in case they're tapped, I also couldn't tell Aubrey incase in the house is bugged. I can't believe I let my guard down, I honestly thought I'd killed enough of their men to put an end to this, but clearly I was wrong.

We arrive at Mum and Dad's place and the gates open just enough to let us in the second they see us, then they close behind us once more. I drive the bike around the back and park it out of sight, just in case they were to come looking for us.

I jump off the bike and Aubrey does the same, pulling the helmet off. "Come." I take her free hand and we run up the stairs into the house.

"Honey, thank god," Mum says as she locks the back door and closes the blinds. "Everyone is in the living room."

I take the helmet and place it on the table, then lead Aubrey into the living room. Grandma, grandad, Nate, Amara, Dad, Reid, and Leo are all here.

"Easton, w-what's going on?" Aubrey asks looking up at me

"I think it's time you explain Son," Lane warns softly.