Chapter 8 - What Happened?

I follow Shouta home like a stray puppy, and when we arrive at his place, I can tell that I am either going to be arrested or it will be the best night tonight. Why? Because the squad is together!

"WELCOME BACK!" I hear screams, and when I enter behind Shouta, I see Nemuri and Hizashi on the couch with popcorn. Shouta ruins the mood quickly.

"Shut up, I'm already going to have complaints with just Izuku. Let me stay in this place a little longer before you get us kicked out." I look at him, confused.

"Us?"

"You're stuck with me either way."

"Does that mean we're going to be homeless together?" This causes Hizashi and Nemuri to burst out laughing.

Hizashi speaks up first, " Nope! If you get kicked out, you two are staying with me." Oh, God damn it.

"As long as you and Shouta are quiet so that I don't hear you, I could care less." I decide to say. Hizashi gives me a weird look. HOLD UP, HE DOES NOT KNOW THAT - SHOUTA, DAMN IT! "Well, you see -" I'm about to start explaining when I feel the most potent punch ever from Shouta in the stomach. Immediately, I fall over, and I have to cover my mouth to keep from throwing up. I'm not even dramatizing it. I bet all my money that I'll have bruises tomorrow. I can hear Nemuri laughing up a storm. At least someone gets where I was going. I feel someone grabbing my shoulders, and I am going to assume it's Hizashi since he has actual emotions. Turns out, I'm right.

"Shouta! You hit Izuku too hard!" Hizashi complains. I look up at Shouta to see him hiding his face in his scarves. Score.

"He shouldn't have tried making the comment he did then." I stand up, with help from Hizashi up as I head to the kitchen.

Nemuri notices quickly, "Kid, where are you going?"

"I'm not eating popcorn. I want actual food. I want to chew actual food." I state as I start making whatever is on my mind, which happens to be katsudon because it's my favorite. Meanwhile, I'm recovering from the shock factor that fucking Shouta of all people basically adopted me. Due to this, I quickly finish. I bring it to the adults to find them all on the couch with a movie, handing them their plates.

"Izuku! We could have just eaten popcorn!" Nemuri tries to complain to me.

"And y'all think I'm the goddamn child. Eat." I sit down in the armchair near them with my own plate and start eating.

Shouta looks at me before saying, " You are a child. You're just too serious at the wrong times."

"Fuck you."

---

After dinner, I cleaned up plates, and I came back out to find the adults arguing over some bull shit.

"Shouta, you can't kick us out!" "Yeah, you'll get lonely." The two loud adults complain.

"Yes, I can. I need to discuss something serious with Izuku, and he is easily distracted." Yep, nope.

"Bitch, I am not," I exclaim.

"Perfect example. Now leave before I hurt you both." Shouta glares the two down.

"I'm only saying this because I do not want more people getting bruises, get out. His punches are painful, especially tonight." I'm not that petty, after all. Both of the adults pale before running out, leaving Shouta and me.

"Thanks, kid."

"I was only saving their lives and our eardrums." And maybe making sure we keep the apartment. I want to be able to hack to get money to pay for a place before we get kicked out. I'm willing to pay. It's the least I can do for the idiot in front of me.