𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

-

-

CARLA SAT IN FRONT OF THE PAIR OF US, waiting for Samuel to be out of sight before talking. "Remember when I told you both that the blackmailers were nobodies? That they had asked for very little money?" We both looked to each other, with Marina looking genuinely confused. In that moment I realised she might actually not know that the boys made a second phone call, and I almost felt bad. "Last night the blackmailers asked for twice as much." Carla continued, and Marina looked at me wide eyed. "What has that got to do with me?" I asked, scrolling through my tablet to continue writing notes, not wanting to give this conversation my full attention. "Yeah, what do you mean by that?" Marina asked, and Carla smiled, but it most definitely wasn't a nice smile. "That proves that one of you spoke to them. Most likely Marina, but I also spoke to you Jada, so I guess you're both suspects now. Which is a shame, as I actually like you Jada." Marina laughed slightly, causing Carla to look at her in distain, leaning closer as her face twisted more and more into anger. "I don't give a rat's ass how you do it, but you need to get that watch. Fall in love with whoever you want. Play the rebel, the misfit. I don't care. But don't risk everything you have and endanger your family." She said; abruptly standing up, pushing her chair in before walking away to another table.

"Fuck." I spoke aloud, as Marina put her head in her hands, clearly stressed. The bell rang, and our teacher told us to follow her to our classroom, wishing us good luck on the exam we were about to sit. As we all slowly trailed into the classroom taking our seats, Lucrecia strutted in as if it was a fashion show. "Lú? What are you doing here?" Our exam monitor asks, and she smiles, "I know I'm suspended, but I have a right to take this exam." She flicks her hair, smiling as she struts over to her seat, high heels clicking against the floor. As she reached her seat, the door swung open to reveal Nadia's father, looking very very angry. "Nadia, we're leaving." Nadia looks shocked, shaking her head as her father tells her to get up. "Dad, please." She pleaded, as the principal rushes in behind him. "Yusuf, let's talk. Don't take me wrong, I never meant to offend you. Please don't make Nadia pay for it." Yusuf, or Mr Shanaa as we knew him, was not going to listen. His focus remained on Nadia. "Nadia, lets go. Don't make me repeat myself." She looked slightly terrified, and she was right to be. "Dad, please, we're about to start an exam!" In one quick motion, he yanked her out of her chair, trying to pull her out of the room against the protests of Nadia, Guzman, and the principal. Even Ander stood for a moment, trying to get his mother to help. But it was no use. A little scene began outside, with the principal and Nadia's father shouting between each other, but eventually Ander and Guzman returned to the classroom, as did the Principal. No Nadia. "Sorry about that guys. Please, proceed with the exam. Nothing happened." She then spotted Lú sitting in the corner, and she snapped. "Out! Now!" Causing Marina to giggle to herself. "Please begin your exam."

About an hour and a half later, we were finally free from the exam and heading into gym class. The girls went off outside while the boys went in the gym to play basketball. "Today we will be playing football outside. Football. Not soccer. I will be picking the teams." I groaned slightly at the thought of playing a game like football with some of the crazy women at this school. People like Carla, Marina... American football can be rough. As our coach picked the teams I began daydreaming, looking over towards the school building where the boys were currently jogging around the basketball hall. "Jada. On this team." She said, snapping me from my thoughts. I looked to where she was pointing and saw Carla, which meant Marina was on the opposite team. Great. She'd probably tackle me to the ground if she gets a chance. We split off, getting into positions so we could start the game. As I got into position, I noticed Marina in front of me, looking me up and down. "What?" I asked as she continued to stare at me as if I'd done something wrong. "Have you ever kissed Nano?" She asked, and my eyes widened slightly as I giggled, realising he must have slipped up and mentioned it. "No, sorry." I said and she shook her head, just as the coach blew her whistle. The game instantly turned to chaos, girls running all over the place whilst looking very hostile. At one point I came face to face with Marina, who shoved me out the way, which in all honesty was a lot more forceful than I would have expected for a pregnant girl. Over the next hour, girls shoved and attacked each other like crazy, with the match going from friendly but competitive to downright insane. By the end of the game we were all sweating, with tension in the air as we headed back to the changing room, out of breath and tired. None of us really spoke, except for Carla who was smug because our team won, and kept calling Marina a born loser, which Marina of course didn't take well. By the time we finally got changed back into our uniform, Marina had stormed off quickly, leaving Carla laughing as we all left the changing room, noticing the boys were still changing. I headed to my locker, wanting to put my gym bag inside since the day was almost over. As I shove all my stuff into my locker, only taking out my tablet and a notebook that I might need for my study period at the end of the day.