Chapter 14

Lilly's POV

Waking up and seeing Jaxson is amazing. Way better than what I used to wake up to. Pain and sadness. Now I wake up and see the reason for my happiness. I'm so grateful for Jaxson, he saved my life, and continues to do so.

I stretch in my wolf form, very puppy like. I let out a big yawn and look over to see Jaxson staring right at me, admiration in his eyes.

"Good morning, Beautiful."

"You k-know it's... r-rude to s-stare!" I happily exclaim, thrilled that I remembered that saying. I'm also blushing while saying this, he called me beautiful!

"I know, but you are just so stunning, how could I not stare?" He says honestly. "Are you ready to go hunting today?"

"If I-I have to..." I say, really not wanting to kill an animal. I've never killed an animal in my life!

"I just want you to get stronger, and I think this will be good for you. You haven't had much time to be a wolf, so I want you to experience our customs."

"M-makes... sense," I say, still not liking the idea, but wanting to make him happy.

We get up, and set out to the woods. After shifting, Jaxson leads the way, supposedly tracking an animal. I don't believe he knows what he's doing, I think he's just trying to impress me.

I'm proven wrong when he mindlinks me to be quiet. I stalk closer, and see a massive deer.

"I want you to stalk close to the deer, then lunge for its neck. Just like you did with the rogue," Jaxson informs, trying to help.

I can feel my wolf's instincts helping me, wanting me to kill the deer. I get into a crouch position, preparing to pounce.

I lunge, but the deer hears me and runs away. It scurries away as fast as it's small legs can carry it. I chase after it, feeling very hungry. I didn't eat pancakes because we were going to eat what we catch. But we aren't catching anything with my skills.

"Good try, little mate. Almost no one catches one on their first try. You were very close, let's try to find a smaller animal."

We are back to tracking. Jaxson informs me that there are some rabbit tracks. He finds it for me and tells me to lunge again. This time I let my wolf take over more and I lunge aggressively for the rabbit.

The rabbit tries to make a run for it, but I was anticipating this. I run and ahead of it and finally catch it! I shake it until it's no longer moving.

I drop it, not knowing what to do with it. Am I supposed to eat this now? I ask Jaxson, "W-what now?"

"Now you eat!" He bites into it, giving me a place to start eating. I eat the rabbit, and it tastes better than I thought it would. Once I'm done, he says, "You got a little messy, let's find a place to clean up at."

Agreeing, we trek on. I hear running water, and lively birds all around. We go in the direction of the water.

Arriving at our destination, I see a large lake that has a stream flowing into it. All around I see huge trees surrounding the lake, closing it off to the outside world. It makes it seem like we aren't even in the forest anymore, it seems like it's own area.

It's so beautiful, that I sit there and just stare for a good 15 minutes. I hear a mindlink from Jaxson, "You know it's rude to stare, right?"

"I-it's not r-rude... it's a-a lake!" I excitedly inform, knowing the lake can't get mad at me for staring.

"True, true. You got me there. How about we swim in the lake to get cleaned off?" He asks, wanting my opinion.

"I-I don't know... h-how," I shyly say, not wanting to be judged.

"That's okay, I'll teach you! Come here sweetheart, and stand in the shallow area."

I move to stand in the "shallow area," as he said. Of course, I wait until he is in the water first.

I look down at the water and see my reflection. I see my face covered in blood from eating! I start to breath heavy, getting flashbacks from when I used to bleed when getting beat. I can't believe I killed something!

I breath heavier and heavier, feeling trapped in my own body. I can't change forms, and I'm trapped as a beast who kills things! I can't breathe.

I vaguely see Jaxson in front of me, shifted back into human form. My vision is getting blurry and dark, Jaxson face getting less clear. I just try to focus on his face but soon it all goes dark and I crumple into the water.

Thank you guys so much for over 500 reads! It means so much to me when you guys vote and comment it really makes my day! Hope you guys enjoy my story. This is the first one I've ever written so I'm hoping that it's okay :)