Chapter Sixty-Two

December 29th, 2019

Sheila

     When I awoke up, there was Weni, or well... mom, looking down at me. "Good morning," then I slapped a hand over my mouth. "My breath smells bad, doesn't it..." my voice dragged on, I looked away shyly.

    I hear her laugh, "I've seen you in much worse conditions, remember the time you looked at a blood moon?" She pushed the hair out of my face as I sat up.

    Wait... I felt great! I raised my arms over head and stretched towards the ceiling. Then I groaned, "mom... please don't bring that back up," it was embarrassing, knowing that I threw blood up over something that I could have avoided.

    I shoved my head into the pillow, as I hid my face from the embarrassment. I felt a soft hand on my back, "and let's not mention the time where you ran head first right into my wall," she stopped to give a hearty chuckle. "I was worried sick about how hard you hit your head, though you were just howling about your toes."

    "Mom!" I threw my pillow at her and she caught it with ease. "Shhh!" I put a finger to my mouth, my cheeks aflame, trying to hush her. "I'm going to die from embarrassment!"

    She stood from where she was seated, her hands on her hips. She craned over me, "isn't that a moms job," she pinched my nose and I struggled to get away, though before I could, she wrapped her arms around me. "I'm glad you are feeling better," then she retreated her hands back to her hips.

    I watched as the night glow hit her, her silver hair shimmering in the moonlight. Her eyes reflecting the light, she was such a beautiful lady, I wish I had an ounce of her genes. Instead of this disgusting royal blood, that had abandoned me eighteen years ago. Almost nineteen.

    "We should let your mate in, he has been sitting at the door this entire time," she turned, her long black dress and grey cape swaying in the air. She was truly a goddess, seeing her in this uniform... it was clear.

    "He's been there the entire time?" I said, flipping off the covers of the bed as I swung my legs over the side.

    She looked back at me, and nodded, then she placed a hand on the handle and pulled the door towards her. I leaned to the left to see my mate sitting on the floor, his back towards me. In an instant he shot into the air and dusted himself off before looking through the door towards me.

    He smiled the second he saw me and that had a frenzy of butterflies erupt from my stomach. Then he looked to Mom and bowed gratefully, "thank you for taking care of my mate, when I could not." I cringed at my mate bowing, I didn't like him bowing to anyone.

    Mom rested a hand on his shoulder, lightly tapping it, "rise your head, there is no need for thanks." Zaivinth rose his head and nodded in her direction.

    "I am in your debt." He said with a hearty look, before walking over to me. I heard mom scoff before putting a hand back on the doorknob, ready to close the door behind her.

    "Tomorrow, there are two more people that you have to meet. Then you can continue with your plans," she looked towards Vince who seemed to be reading her mind. What do they know that I didn't?

    "Two people?" Though before she could answer the door had shut behind her. So I looked to my mate who was hovering over me. He placed his hands on the side of my hips. "Plans?"

    "We are raiding the Faeries kingdom in two days, everything is in order," he winced and then sighed, "do you want to come?" A smile broke out on my face.

    "Do I? Of course I do!" I wrapped my hands around his neck. "I hope that Azai suffers, this is what he deserved," for betraying my mate, Xion, and myself.