Chapter 15

Jaxson's POV

I try to bring Lilly back from her panic attack. I don't know what triggered her, but I feel awful about it. I feel like what ever caused it, it was my fault.

She collapsed into the water, probably breathing in water, so I rapidly reach over to her and drag her out onto the lake's rocky shoreline. Worried Lilly had inhaled water I push on her chest until she coughs up water.

When she wakes up she cowers away from me. She starts freaking out again, so much that she somehow shifts back into her human form. She hurriedly backs into one of the big rocks sitting on the shoreline. Hitting her head on the rock, she lifts her head away and there is blood.

Rushing over, yet quietly as not to scare her, I grab a shirt that is hidden in the trees and put in on her skinny and fragile form. I also put on a pair of shorts so I don't flash my whole pack.

She seems very out of it, and a lot more child-like. She is curled up into a ball and pouting like a baby would when they don't get what they want. She looks up at me with teary eyes, and soon starts bawling. My guess is that she has a pretty bad concussion.

We make eye contact and that calms her down a little bit. She makes grabby hands up at me, probably wanting to be picked up. I pick her up, and immediately start making my way to the pack doctor. I feel like we have been there a lot more than we should be.

Half way back, Lilly passes out again. Before she does, she looks at me and says, "I'm s-sleepy." The first words I've heard her speak in a while. I'm very worried about her. She has had so much happen to her in such a short amount of time, I'm scared I'm overwhelming her.

We make it to the pack doctor, Lilly still not waking. I sit her on the hospital bed, getting deja vu. I feel like I just did this.

We couldn't find Doctor Lindsay, so the Gamma's mate took care of Lilly. Her name is Lana. My Gamma's name is Liam, he will work closely with Lilly to take care of our pack members.

I explain that she had a panic attack in her wolf form, then woke up and got so scared she shifted back and hit her head.

Lana examines Lilly, cleans and bandages her head, and then breaks the bad news to me.

"Because of shifting back when she was not strong enough, she will be in a coma until she has enough strength to wake up."

Sorry this is so short, it just seemed like a good place to stop. Poor Lilly! Her life has always been so bad and it hasn't gotten much better! I feel awful for hurting her so much :(