47.

Rejection

JAW slack, he threw Zhu Mingli an incredulous look. Is this a joke?

Adding on to his surprise, the arrogant prince begged "Please..." If it were someone else, their heads would have grown big, for a prince to beg another who has a lower status than him is simply incredulous, but who was Yan Gen ah? A straight big manly man. (The word straight cannot be said confidently for now for his heart was moved a bit by Wei Yuu, which is quite hard to admit on his part)

Seeing Yan Gen's expression, he repeated "I won't cross the line" he added "really "to make it more convincing.

Is this prince making a fool out of him? Who would believe him after those past incidents where he lost control and pounce over him? He's no fool. Men truly cannot be trusted when it comes to keeping a woman's purity.

Before Yan Gen could downright rejected him, Zhu Mingli's face zoomed over him and he immediately cover his perverted lips, resolutely throwing an answer "NO!"

A depress look falls on his face upon his rejection, his eyes dimmed, yet he still has time to taste his palm. Yan Gen quickly removed his palm from covering his mouth, furiously wiping it on his skirt. His action didn't escape Zhu Mingli's eyes. "Lan-er, are you disgusted by my touch?" Hell, I'am! His voice sounded despairingly in the quiet night. Yan Gen's survival instinct told him not to say those words in his face so he can only keep silent, not knowing how to reply to that question without getting his life on the line.

A dark shadow completely engulfed him, Zhu Mingli's figure that is way bigger and muscular than his intimidatingly leaned over him, like a predator getting ready to leap on his prey.

Sensing the impending danger, Yan Gen blurted out an excuse "How could we do those things? We're not yet married" The era they're living is ancient, where one must be conservative towards the opposite gender, yet a certain shameless prince keeps eating his tofu, chasing him like a rabid dog. Zhu Mingli narrowed his eyes at him as if to assess if he's telling the truth or not.

Finally his shoulder slumped and the pressure on Yan Gen lightened. "You're right. I shouldn't ask for too much, it's just that... " Zhu Mingli trailed. The luster in his eyes came back and he pulled Yan Gen in his embrace. "Being with you is enough"

It's just that he longed for her for too long that he wanted more. She's been constantly appearing in his mind, he wasn't even spared by her in his state of unconsciousness, during his sleep, she appeared beautiful and enchanting. How could he not want for more? To let his dreams and fantasy became a reality is a dream come true.

"Forget it, once you become my wife, I'll have plenty of time to savor you" Who wants to be you wife?

Yan Gen wanted to puke, is it appropriate to say those erotic word to a young lady? He must be dreaming if he think that he can marry him. Over his dead muscular body.

"Lan-er... today, I'm so happy" Zhu Mingli kissed the top of his head and continued hugging him "I wish I can stay like this with you forever" What kind of corny things is he spouting now?

"Lan-er, I... I really have fallen for you. If you get married to me, I will give you anything you want and listen to your every word" This male lead here is hopeless. Although it's hard to believe that a man in this era will willingly have only one woman in his lifetime, the author wrote his character that way. Too bad, he's investing his feelings at the wrong person. I must reject him at all cost before this get complicated.

The main characters faced many dangerous challenges in life to build their character, paving their paths to dominating power, their lives will tread in many life and death situations. Getting involved to a prince, especially the male lead is like asking for your own death. The main protagonists can get through many life-threatening situations without dying, that doesn't mean that the same applied to those villains and supporting characters. In the end, they were just there to become the stepping stone of the protagonist to reach the top of the world.

They stayed there for another half an hour, Zhu Mingli even brought out two floating lanterns designed like a lotus, he urged him to write down his wish in a piece of paper and put it in the lantern before putting it on the water.

When the two floating lanterns drifted away from them, the arrogant prince annoyed him endlessly by asking what did he write, Yan Gen then replied that it is highly possible that his wish will come true if he didn't tell anyone about it, the idiotic Zhu Mingli then replied to him that he won't tell anyone about it, our Yan Gen was so exasperated he almost beat him to pulp. He raised his middle finger in front of this idiotic, perverted, and arrogant prince.

After spending much time on the water, Zhu Mingli decided to return, which drew a sigh of relief from Yan Gen. The danger has passed. Far from his anticipation of going back home to lie on his bed comfortably under the warmth of his blanket, Zhu Mingli strolled in the market with him in tow. Yan Gen wanted to flip the table and roar 'I'm not your maidservant!'

Looking around, there are so many people, the market place is big and has so many alleyways, if you don't follow the main street, you'll surely get lost. Now is the time to strike, his chance of escape is big.

A big warm hand is holding his small hand. Yan Gen thought, what's the possibility of getting out of his hold? It seems that he doesn't have to worry about it for Zhu Mingli stopped in front of a stall selling hairpins and let go of his hand, he looked at those hairpins while Yan Gen organized what he's going to say to him in his head.

"This suits you really well" without asking for permission, he inserted the plum blossom designed hairpin in his silky hair at the back of his head where a strands of his hair gathered.

Summoning all of his courage and fake ruthlessness, he said to Zhu Mingli "Stop doing this"

He raised a brow, playfully saying "stop what?" Stop chasing me like a rabid dog!

"You know what I'm trying to say" Zhu Mingli's face gradually turned dark. The gaze he's directing at him turned from overflowing love to a menacing coldness. His change of moods was so fast in this short amount of time that they're together, Yan Gen finds it hard to catch up with him. One second he's happy, the next second, he's furious.

Votes and Comments are highly appreciated :)

©Editer