x. where to shoot

TWO SOULS,
chapter ten: where to shoot!

          OLIVIA WAS DROWNING. She felt surrounded by immense darkness, a reminder that always reappeared in her nightmares, a reminder of her origins. Never forget where you come from, they said. She was overwhelmed for a couple of long minutes, listening to the noise of the clock hands from afar - constantly. Deliberately. Marking the passing of seconds as if they were grains of sand, slipping through her fingers. Olivia Wayne tried to move through the darkness, tried to find a light. But she never saw and felt anything. It was her alone, her mind and body were there, wandering in the dark darkness of limbo - but Olivia knew that she wasn't dead.

          No.

          Olivia wasn't dead, otherwise she should have seen Jason Todd next to her.

          No.

          Olivia Wayne was waking up, next to a monumental headache hammering her head.

          It was that constant and painful feeling that she made when moving her hands and feet was overwhelming for the blonde. She tried to get up with her hands, hearing a hiss buzzing in her ears. The blond-haired girl tried to take a deep breath, trying to ignore the headache that arose from the blow the Arkham Knight decided to give her in an attempt to stop the attack on Barbara Gordon.

          Oh.

          Olivia's breathing began to hit, suddenly, as she searched the room for any sign of the redhead. She saw Barbara's wheelchair lying on the ground, but she wasn't there. Olivia crawled to the only room that led to the very unknown location where the Arkham Knight was holding the redhead captive. She tried to get up on both feet and straighten to go to the elevator, but the headache intensified and the girl felt the incessant dizziness, she groaned in pain and leaned back.

          She expected to feel the solid ground crashing against her back dry.

          But that didn't happen.

          She landed on something soft, heavy, and tall. Olivia's green eyes traveled to the light eyes of Bruce Wayne, who was speaking to her and she was so disoriented that she felt something prick her neck. She groaned, until she began to feel better - her sight clearer. It was a relief, the lump in her throat was loosening and disappearing at the same time. She could breathe easier, but she wondered how and that, oh, that was a complete enigma.

          "What happened?" Olivia asked, standing up in her place.

          "Nothing like a little visit to the trunk of memories, right?" Said a very familiar voice beside her. Olivia turned her head, finding the Joker sitting on the couch across from her. "A front row seat to the show!"