•26•

He hadn't expected such a trauma.
He had figured a fight. Not such a wretched psychological game with a sick twist like murdering an entire family.
Not this sweet girl saying words he never wanted her to speak.

She wasn't the same quirky fragile girl he found in the forest of her pack. Trying to visit a little tucked away rose garden in too little clothes.

Her eyes weren't lit with mischief and a coy arousing smile.
Her eyes were full of pain, sorrow, agony.
She blamed herself.
They blamed themselves for being children and innocently ignorant because they'd never been taught.

Lucien couldn't help it. He dragged her into his lap, to force her head into his chest while he sunk his teeth back into her claiming mark until she cried out with pain and pleasure. Until her small hands tugged at his hair and her lips trembled out words for mercy.

"Please Daddy..."
He truly wasn't a man able to comfort properly. He was hardened and rough, but he could bring her back to reality.
He would. Always. To keep her with him forever.

"Don't think me so weak as to be unable to slaughter a simple vampire. I will find this monster, and I will terminate his existence. All of their existences if it means keeping you safe. You are my Luna.
You are mine Maia. Mine" He couldn't stop the possessive growl- but he held back the instinct to pin and dominate his tiny mate until all she could worry about was when he'd claim her entirely.
That would come when she was safe, secure, and without concern for her life.
He'd never let anything threaten his mate.

Send out a message to all U.S. affiliated packs within the WCCP. I want a bounty put on a vampire named Felice who attacked Moon Rose around 12 years ago. I want all information when it is obtained.

Lucien sent out the mind link to Micheal, and was pleased with a quick reply.
They had some answers now.
That was enough. They'd fix it.
He'd show his mate what being with a Lycan was.
What the old blood meant, and the power he possessed.
He'd show his strength and he'd slaughter any filthy monster that dared to even think of touching what was his.

His wolf howled for blood shed.

Maia was limp in his arms, her breathing more even, and her big wide eyes watery. Her cheeks were streaked with tears- but she looked hopeful. She looked vulnerable.
She wanted him. Wanted his protection. Devotion.

He'd worship the ground she walked on, and then pay his temple dues to her body like her most faithful follower.

Then he'd rip the eyes out of the vampire that took her family, her sister... and burn the body in his own home to atone.

"I love you baby" he whispered against those soft lips- before he kissed her.