Chapter 12

Chapter 12

His car was nice, to say the least. I knew little to nothing about cars. All I could tell was it was a maserati of some type. A white one to be exact. To me, it kind of looked like a fish, because of the weird gills on the side. To add even more prestige, it had a red leather interior.

I was able to control the impulse to touch everything. He turned the radio on, but kept the volume low. It did not take a genius to figure out his phone was connected to bluetooth. From the beat and whispered words that I could make out, I could infer it was something in the Rap genre. I was an Alt Rock girl myself.

"Up here, you are going to take a right," I directed, breaking the silence. I motioned ahead toward the upcoming green sign that read "Alcree St." It was about a quarter of a mile ahead, but with werewolf eyesight, it was as clear as if it were a mere foot in front of us.

"I know," he grumbled, making me whip my head toward him in confusion. He glanced at my baffled expression quickly, and then back to the road. His face was emotionless. It was as if him knowing where I lived was something everyone knew, which I really hoped wasn't.

"How do you know where I live?" I stuttered.

"I'm the future Beta, I have to know where everyone in the pack lives. Your brother is also the future Gamma and your Father is the current Gamma. It would be strange if I didn't know your address," he said. I nodded my head slowly, attempting to wrap around the realism of what he said. It made sense.

"If that helps you sleep at night," I muttered as he took the right turn onto my driveway. The burning of my wrist had subsided. It seemed to have spread about another two inches. In all honesty, it wasn't really a priority or mine to be freaked out that my burn was spreading. It was probably around point 23 on my list, if I had to be exact.

"You know, I have been to your house before."

"The more you talk, the creepier you get. Stop while you are ahead," I snipped back.

He did not seem to care about my comment, as he continued, "It was Thanksgiving, we must have been around six or seven. I remember because you were screaming bloody murder over a toy William stole from you."

I had no recolection of said day, but freaking out was my staple as a child. If I did not get what I want I would scream. They tried to put me in 'time outs,' but I was a stubborn little sucker and would just sit there for hours, forcing myself to scream.

"I do not remember that," was all I said in response, ending the conversation.

The car heaved with divots in the dirt road. It barely phased me, as traveling on it was a daily adventure. By the grumbling from Jacin, I could tell he was not appreciative of the road.

"When was the last time you filled in the pot holes?" he asked as he kept accelerating and braking.

"I don't know, probably never," I joked. In actuality, we had filled in the pot holes that summer. Slowly, my house appeared. I forgot how much I missed it, even though it had only been a few days.

"You can just park by the Jeep, that's my car," I nodded, not really knowing why I had to explain that the Jeep was "my car." It was kind of implied. He pulled up next to my jeep. I debated jumping out without saying anything, but Jacin did me a huge favor. I turned toward him, "Hey, thanks for driving me home, you saved me from a three mile hike that would have taken me hours."

"No problem, I have always been one to help damsels' in distress," He joked as he motioned to the sky like he was in a movie or something. I just shook my head and laughed.