Home

"Pei Zhi", Yin called out from her room and instantly a shadow had appeared beside her that turned out to be a man.

"You called, Master?" his voice was clear and calm and his face was void of emotion but there was a fierce loyalty look in his eyes as he looks at Yin.

This gentleman was called Pei Zhi. He was one of the assassins that had gone to kill Yin but got defeated by her. Thinking he was going to die, Yin had spared his life and told him to get far away as possible and run away.

But Pei Zhi belonged to a dark guild and was considered as the number 1 assassin, how could he accept this fate? Instead, he had pledged loyalty to Yin, becoming her shadow at times and even gained the information that helped her to succeed.

At first, Yin did not trust Pei Zhi but over time, she saw his worth and had even trusted him with her real identity as she wanted to be truthful with him.

"I will go back to the general's household for a while and until I return, you are in charge of this house. Refuse to see anyone and make excuses, find me for urgent matters only. Understand?"

Pei Zhi nods at Yin and changed his disguise as an attendant that was in charge of the household.

Yin was pleased thus without waiting, she jumped through the gates, away from prying eyes using her Qigong until she arrived at her old backyard house.

The soldiers guarding the area was surprised to see a stranger flying towards the backyard but since their Madam Ying Fan was also there, the first thing they did was protect the madam.

Madam Ying Fan on the other hand looks at the youth before her before proceeding to step forward and surprising the rest as she told them to stand down.

Yin had already removed her usual white and red mask but was instead wearing a black mask that covers half her face. She took the mask off and smiled at her mother as she said "I am back, mother".

Ying Fan broke down into tears as she felt her knees go weak but before she had reached the floor, the youth before her had appeared beside her, grabbing her hand and stabilizing her mother.

Ying Fan reached out her hand to touch the face of the youth and with a voice filled with emotion had called out "Ying Yue".

Ying Yue nods and with a voice of longing had said "I'm here mother" and touched the hand that was holding her face as tears also appear to arise as she hugs her mother. "I'm here".

Ying Fan hits her daughter's back as she complained her worries out but there was no force at all with the hits thus it felt like a feather's slap instead.

The mother was really worried for Ying Yue after all. Because once her daughter had left, there was no other form of communication as she did not want to disclose her identity. This left Ying Fan who was originally a worrywart regretted her choice to let Ying Yue be a soldier.

Ying Yue had to appease her mother and promised to write back to her now that she has Pei Zhi as help. She even promised to introduce her friends and tell them about the wonders of the outside world and adventures she had gone as a soldier and how she saved people as well as made acquaintances.

She had spent the entire time with her mother until her father, General Ying Jun was back home from the day's work. Currently, General Ying Jun was the head of the Imperial Soldier thus he was in charge of protecting the emperor's side. This was also because he wanted to be close to his wife in the capital as he was worried about Ying Fan since Ying Yue had left.

Like Ying Fan, Ying Jun was also overwhelmed to see Ying Yue and hugged her as he missed her very much. Ying Yue was his beloved jewel and the pearl in his eyes, he also regretted his decision to let her be a soldier. But looking at how strong her daughter had grown; he was instead proud of her now.

The family had spent their time together until even after they ate dinner as Ying Yue brought them out to talk.

She told them about Element, the sword she had acquired from the ancient mine and told her stories about the wonders she encountered as many people had different cultures. But what she didn't tell was her encounter with Li Jian after the fight that she became famous for as they might have heard enough about it.

Ying Fan listened to her daughter with great attention and once she was done, she gave a concerned look as she asks "When will you come back to us?"

Ying Jun stares at Ying Yue as he was also waiting for her answer. It was their main question after all, when will she go back to the Ying Household and become Ying Yue again instead of Yin?

Ying Yue could only smile and say, "Soon". But her mind had all sorts of ideas that she herself was not sure if she will go back to the general's household.