Chapter 57

Lady K

Lady K

"Get us something to drink. Something with little or no alcohol."

The maid bowed at the sound of Susan's voice. She turned away quickly to carry out Susan's instruction. Barely past three PM, and the birds were still chirping in the air. The white roses surrounding the garden blossomed. and their aroma was everything. It brightened the table even better.

"Oh that reminds me." Oma's face brightened as she reached for the shopping bag beside her chair. She lifted it to the table, and then pushed it to Susan. "I got you something."

Susan stared at the bag for a second, and then slowly reached for it. She opened it, taking her time with it. Oma watched her, the smile on her face didn't fade a bit. She watched Susan pull out a bag wrapped in paper from it. It had yellow highlights around it, with the words "Prada" written on a tiny silver pin.

"It's a limited edition." Oma added. "I thought you'd like it."

Susan raised her head to her. and smiled.

"My daughter in law is so thoughtful."

Oma went red. She loved it when Susan complimented her like that, and referred to her as her daughter- in -law. She also loved being treated as a part of their family.

"It's nothing really. You're Jeremiah's mother, which means you're my mother too. It's only normal for me to get you gifts like this." She told her. "We should go to the spa sometime, have some mother-daughter make over."

Susan nodded. She pushed the bag to the side a little bit.

"Your mother called, to tell me you changed your mind about calling off your engagement with Jeremiah."

Oma shifted uncontrollably on her seat. The smile on her face was barely struggling to hold its ground at that point.

"That's really considerate of you, considering what happened the other night-"

Oma exhaled, and then managed to brighten up her face.

"It's nothing. mother." She told her. "It's nothing I'm not used to. I know the man I chose to marry. It looks like I don't sometimes, but I do. I might not know everything, but I'm slowly going to learn. When I agreed to get married to Jeremiah, I knew he was someone with a lot of issues, I knew it wasn't going to be easy, so I won't give up on him."

Susan exhaled. and then leaned closer to Oma. She stretched her hand, and gently took Oma's, rubbing it gently.

"Thank you for being so understanding." She told her. "I can't wait for you to be a part of this family."