Chapter 23

POV Jughead

I smirked as I continued to kiss Betty. Finally! my brain shouted. We kissed for a while longer until she finally pulled away again. I held onto her though.

"We shouldn't do this, Jug. You know that it won't end well" she began.

"We don't know that. We could be perfect together" I sighed and she rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, we do. I can't deal with you being all controlling, Jug. You can't do that to me." she replied with tears in her eyes and I melted. I couldn't stand to see her hurt.

"Baby, I'll try not to control you. It's not about controlling you anyway, it's about your safety" I tried to explain and she sighed.

"You don't understand. I've had a bad past. I can't fall into that again. I promised myself that I wouldn't. I just can't Juggie. I want to but I just can't let you take over. I wouldn't survive it." She pleaded but I can't just let her go now that I have her.

I shook my head and held her closer, "I can't give us up, baby. What can I do to prove to you that it won't be like that? I'll do anything."

"I'll promise you. I'll leave you alone the second you feel scared of me, Ok? The second you feel like I'm controlling you, I let you go. Deal?" I begged. She was about to answer when the door opened and my Dad walked in.

"Jughead, Betty. Your friends are looking for you" he said as he smiled at me. I groaned but leaned away and pulled Betty's dress down which had been pushed up in our recent 'activities'. Betty blushed and jumped down from the desk. I kept my arm around her.

"Thanks, Dad. We'll go find them now" I replied as he chuckled. I glared at him as I guided  Betty out the door.

"Well, that was embarrassing" Betty muttered and I smirked.

"Don't worry about it." I replied and walked her back towards the bar. Before we got there, I stopped her.

"What happened in your past that made you so scared, baby?" I finally asked after looking into her eyes. She shrugged.

"Maybe someday I'll tell you. Just please try to understand, Juggie. I'm not trying to be a bitch or anything. This is hard for me in so many ways. To add on the fact that you've already ghosted me and the way you treated me when I first came back" she said honestly. I cringed, knowing that she was right.

"I'm so sorry, baby. I would do anything to go back and change what I did. I'm an ass and I don't deserve you but please, princess, give me another chance. I'll make sure that you never regret it" I pleaded and she softened.

"I don't know. Can I have some time?" She asked and I nodded.

"As long as in the meantime, you let me try to make everything up to you?" I asked, hopefully and she smiled.

"How could I turn that down?" she joked and I swept her up in my arms and spun her around finally coaxing a giggle out of her.

"Put me down, Juggie" She cried and I gently put her back on her feet.

"Anything for you, baby" I smirked as I leaned in and kissed her softly. I leaned in to prolong the kiss when we heard cough. Seriously, why is everyone determined to interrupt us tonight? I glared down the hall and locked on all of our friends staring at us.

"Where have you been!" V demanded as she stormed over to us and pulled Betty away.

"We just had some things to discuss, calm down" I muttered as V shot daggers at me with her eyes. I shrugged and ignored her as I put my arm back around Betty.

"How did the pool game go?" Betty asked and Mac and Sweet Pea grinned.

"We killed them" Sweet Pea laughed as he high fived Mac. I rolled my eyes and caught Betty doing the same.

"We should probably head home, it's late" V stated and I sighed. Betty glanced at her phone and I saw a look of fear pass over her.

"Shit. We've got to go, V" Betty looked at her sister in a panic. I furrowed my brow, this was more than it being late out.

"What's wrong?" V asked as she closed the space between them. Betty looked at her with tears and showed her phone.

"Fuck! Is that from him?" V demanded and Betty nodded.

"Lets go!" Betty cried but Veronica stopped her.

"Wait. That's just what he wants. This might be a trap. Let's call them before we rush into anything" Veronica said as she dialed her phone. Betty nodded and dialed too as Mac and C exchanged worried looks and the rest of us looked at each other in confusion.

"She's not answering, V!" Betty yelled. V shook her head.

"Neither is my mom" V replied. V looked at B and sighed.

"What is going on, baby?" I demanded and Betty just shook her head.

"B, we have to tell them. We can't just run over there. He'll do it again. I'm so sorry but we have to be smart about this" V pleaded and Betty nodded. V looked at me.

"Jughead, we need your dad too. Can we go somewhere private?" she asked and I nodded.

"Dad should still be in our office, come on" I replied and quickly led them all back to the office. I knocked on the door.

"Come in" Dad called and I opened the door and ushered them all in. Dad looked surprised but didn't say anything.

"We need your help, FP" V began and Dad nodded.

"OK. Please sit down" he gestured to the chairs and sofa. I sat on one side of Betty while Veronica sat on the other side of her. V looked at Betty and took a deep breath.

"Ok. Where to start?" Veronica began but Betty stopped her.

"No, Veronica, I need to tell them. It's my story after all" Betty insisted and V nodded. I pulled Betty close and noticed that she was shaking.

"Are you sure, baby?" I asked and she nodded as she turned to me.

"I have to save our mom's. This is the only way" she whispered to me and I sighed. I put my arm around her to comfort her as she turned back to my dad.

"What story do you need to tell us, sweetheart?" Dad asked gently. Betty took a deep breath and looked at each of us.

"I need to tell you the real reason we left Riverdale" She began.