4

" fire "

It was a day after Mando and Cara's arrival

It was a day after Mando and Cara's arrival. The two went out in the morning to scout for the raiders, they hadn't returned for hours. Lana wasn't aware much of this though. She made her first day back to her pods since the raiding's.

She felt sick the entire day, scared, anxious. But the thing that kept her strong is that her father wanted to her to be passed on the pods one day. She was doing what her father wished for her, to keep on the legacy.

Part of her didn't want this legacy. A part of her wanted to leave this place. Not because she hated it, but because sometimes, it didn't feel like home anymore. Like there was nothing truly anchoring her down to this place.

She set a record, she didn't cry once that day. She'd get sad, maybe a few tears but no more sobbing and trembling. It's the small victories she payed attention to.

Her hair scarf was nearly falling off her head and her face was covered in dirt. When she finished her work for the day, she returned to her home to get washed up and fix her messy hair. When she got to the doorway of her home, she took a glance back to where Mando was staying, it was vacant of him. She wanted him to be there, so that she could share another small conversation with him, or at least catch his gaze for a few seconds.

•·················•·················•

A little while later, people started gathering outside of Lana's home.

She stood in front of the rest of the villagers waiting for Cara and Mando to speak on what they found. Omera and Winta found their way beside her. Omera held Mando's child close to her, he cooed toward Lana and reached out to her, which caught Omeras attention. Lana gave Omera short tug of her lips before she distributed the child into her arms. She took a glance to the child to make sure he was comfortable, then looking toward Mando.

She met his eyes through his visor, he nodded to her. She wondered what that meant, or if it meant anything. Lana grinned at him while slowly rocking the child.

It did something to him, something he couldn't explain. Seeing her hold the child, acting so affectionate toward him, it made his heart speed up at the sight of it.

Mando could tell Lana was hanging on the edge of her seat for what they found, he was almost sad to tell her that they couldn't do anything about the raiders.

Mando stood up from where he was leaning on the wall to start speaking over the chattering villagers.

"Bad news, you can't live here anymore."

Lana's eyebrows scrunched up at the words that fell out of Mando's mouth. She turned to Omera giving her a confused look. The rest of the village did the same.

Cara spoke up to try to clear the villages head. Mando was very blunt with his statement and it seemed like he just didn't want to help them.

"I know this is not the news you wanted to hear, but there are no other options." Cara spoke up.