New year (Taeyong)

"Wait!" Doyoung reprimanded Y/N as she reached for chips from the bowl on the table. Her hand paused in midair and she cocked an eyebrow at Doyoung. Then he dumped another packet of chips into the bowl. "You can eat now," he said, dramatically gesturing towards the bowl. Y/N reached again and picked a Cheeto from the top of the pile.

Popping the crunchy chip in her mouth, she looked around for Taeyong for the nth time. "He's still not here," she muttered as Doyoung sat beside her on the couch.

Doyoung chuckled and patted her shoulder, "don't worry. He will come sooner or later."

"I think it'll be later rather than sooner," she said grumpily. She glanced towards the clock and sighed. 11:50. Ten minutes left of 2019. She wanted to be with Taeyong when the countdown occurred, wanted to kiss him when the big hand of the clock struck twelve, but the boy wasn't even answering her calls.

"Come on, Doyoung," she said as she stood up.

"Where?"

"We're at a party so let's dance," she said as she pulled his hand to make him stand. Y/N broke into her killer moves from the get-go, while Doyoung looked around awkwardly before starting to relax and dance as well. They danced to two songs before the music stopped. Everyone was heading out to get a clear view of the sky.

Y/N looked at her phone screen one last time before sullenly going to the rooftop with Doyoung. The rooftop was already crowded when they reached there.

The count down started from ten and a number of voices joined in, but Y/N remained silent. As they reached one, a firework shot up in the sky and exploded followed by cheers, people hugging each other and couples kissing.

Doyoung patted her back, "happy new year, Y/N!" He said with a smile.

Y/N smiled too at Doyoung's expression. She looked at her phone to check the time but saw three missed calls from Taeyong and a message asking her whereabouts. She slowly made her way out of the crowd and rushed down the stairs, only to find Taeyong heading up those same stairs.

An expression of relief washed over his face. "I followed the wrong address," he explained himself. "So it took longer to get here." He gulped nervously and then Y/N realized that she was frowning so she smoothened her expression. "Am I... too late?"

Y/N walked down the remaining steps until she was standing on the one right above Taeyong's. She captured his lips with hers. He was shocked at first but then he regained his composure and wrapped his arms around her waist. They kissed until they heard people coming down the stairs.

"The fireworks show is over, I guess," Y/N said. "You didn't get to see it."

"That's alright," Taeyong smiled, still holding on to her. "I got something better," he whispered, making Y/N giggle. Then pulled her hand to head back to where the party had been. In a couple of minutes, the music started playing again and Taeyong spun Y/N around so that her back was pressed against his chest.

He slid his hands down her bare arms, making her shiver, then held her in a warm embrace. He placed his lips on the sensitive skin of her neck and said, "happy new year Y/N."

xxx

Thank you @MissKpopTrash93 for the request. I'm sorry it took so long. But I hope you enjoyed it.