PART 73: | CHRISTMAS BEFORE NIGHTMARE |

After Elijah rescued Rebekah they found out that a skull mark from cursed stake was growing on her arm. Freya and Rebekah were sitting side-by-side on the couch in the compound as Freya examines the skull-shaped weal on her wrist, which has grown larger and more painful.

- Elijah is pacing around beside them and Rebekah sighs in frustration before addressing Freya, "Give me the bad news, Doc."

- "Aya's stake was cursed. It infected you. As this mark grows, you will go mad. Left unchecked, you will become a relentless, unstoppable Ripper."

- Rebekah sighs again and rolls her eyes sarcastically, "Aya always was thorough."

- "The Strix always employ a safeguard. In the event that we were successful at retrieving your body, you were cursed. You see, if one is on a rampage, one is not difficult to hunt." Elijah deduced before turning to Freya with a concerned expression, "Can you fix this?"

- "Natali should be able to siphon it." Freya tells them.

- "Great. Is she at the Fangtasia?" Rebekah asked.

- Freya nods, "You can probably find her there."

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

Kol was pacing around the room while Natali was sitting at the booth and drinking wine mixed with blood.

- "Why did you let her go?" Kol asked.

- "I didn't intend to keep her here forever. We have our plan and we don't need to question her anymore." Natali told him before taking a sip of her wine.

- Kol groans in annoyance, "She will ruin everything. You should've just killed her."

- Natali frowned, "I'm not going to kill her, Kol. What do you have against her?"

- "I just think that she is a problem and she should be dealt with." Kol says.

- "Lucian and Tristan are far more urgent problems than her." Natali tells him.

- Suddenly they hear Rebekah's voice coming from the doorway, "Well, to be fair, I am the prettiest urgent problem you have ever seen." she looked pale and tired, though she smiles at the sight of them.

- "Bex, you're back." Kol says and smiles as he sees her, then walks towards her and they hug each other.

- "I'm back with a little problem." Rebekah says and shows them a mark on her arm, "Can you fix it?" she asks Natali.

- Natali stood up saying, "Of course I can, but first.." she reaches out to Rebekah and wraps her up in a tight hug for a long moment, "I've missed you."

- Rebekah smiles as she hugs her tighter, "I've missed you too."

After they pull away Natali takes her wrist in her hands and looks at the skull-shaped mark.

- "I haven't gone full hellion yet." Rebekah says and shrugs, "No more than usual."

- Natali laughs, "Don't worry you won't go mad again." her palm gloved brightly in red hues as she siphoned the dark magic, "All done."

- Rebekah smiles widely, "Wonderful. Now we can celebrate Christmas."

- Kol signs, "Do we really need to?"

- Rebekah looks at him and says, "Yes. We can forget about our problem for a little while."

- "I agree while Bekah." Natali agrees and as Kol crossed his arms over his chest she added, "You could cool off a little bit. You are on the edge of exploding and I don't know why."

- "And we all know what happens when he goes mad." Rebekah says jokingly.

- "I'm on the edge because I do not wish to be dead." Kol tells them, "Let's kill our enemies before they kill us and then we can celebrate."

- "Relax, Kol. You won't die as long as you have me by your side." Natali assured him.

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

In the courtyard, Elijah, Freya, Klaus, Kol and Natali are all dressed in their best holiday clothes and standing around the lit Christmas tree. Then they walk toward Cami, who hands each of them a glass of red wine. Klaus comes out next with two more glasses of wine and smiles as Freya comes over and kisses him affectionately on the cheek.

They were all talking to each other and Klaus can't help but chuckle at his own jokes, before Rebekah, in a berry-red holiday cocktail dress, walks toward them to join the party.

- "Well, Nik, you are positively merry tonight!" Rebekah sats and look over at Cami with a bemused smile, "All that therapy must be paying off."

Suddenly, Klaus' face looks horrified as he notices a very large metal bowl full of burning wood has been set up by Rebekah on the other side of the room, "Oh, no!"

Rebekah looks even more pleased by how terrified Klaus looks at the prospect of their family's holiday bonfire, "Yes, I know it's not exactly a bonfire, but I improvised." Klaus continues to look nervous about it, but Rebekah just groans in mock frustration, "Come on. It's tradition!"

- Cami looks around them in confusion, "..Tradition?"

- Klaus sighs, "We write our wishes and then burn them for luck. Strangely, I don't recall wishing for an influx of enemies, and yet year after year..."

- Elijah smirks as he sips his wine, "How odd. Forever on Santa's naughty-list."

They were all standing around the small fire-pit. Rebekah looks at the wish she's written on the paper one last time before she throws it into the burning flames. She then looks nervously around at everyone, all of whom look somber despite the festive party around them.

- "One of us is still meant to fall by family." Rebekah says.

- "Didn't you say we'll forget our problems for a little while?" Kol points out.

- "Right now, what concerns me is our enemies." Klaus says, "They cannot know that we found you, Rebekah. Our best advantage is if they believe you are lost at sea."

- Rebekah realizes what this means and frowns sadly, "Then I can't stay, can I?"

- "But she just came back." Natali says sadly.

Elijah gets teary-eyed at the thought of Rebekah leaving again, and Rebekah looks between the two of them.

- Rebekah sighs, "It's okay. My wish already came true. We have this moment."

Later, Rebekah, Natali, Freya and Kol were sitting in the courtyard and talking before it was time for Rebekah to leave New Orleans.

- "One hundred years ago, I meet Kol and Natali and you invited me to a Christmas ball." Freya says as she looks at them, "I wanted so much to be a part of this family, but I thought I was forever fated to be an outsider, always looking in. I know this hasn't been your most elegant family Christmas, but, well, it's already been the best one I've ever had."

- Rebekah who was sitting next to her wraps her hand around Freya's shoulders and pulls her closer, "The most important thing is that we're all together right now."

- Freya smiles, "I suppose some things are worth the wait."

⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡ ⚜ ✡

A/N: Sorry this chapter is short 

and I'm a little late with the Christmas chapter.