Chapter 122

Four Months Later

With your hands full of grocery bags you slug up the front path to your house. You're just putting down the bags to open the door when it in fact cracks open itself and you find Isla waiting there for you.

"Mummyyyy," she says hesitantly.

"Hey sweetie." You sigh as you stand up straight again and make your way inside. "Thanks for that. Where's dad?"

"He hit his head," she says concerned.

"Wait what?" You frown as you think about what she just said. "What do you mean? Where is he? Is he alright? How badly?"

She looks at you like she thinks she's in trouble even though of course she's not, you're just confused.

"I'm here." A masculine voice states flatly and you look up to see Bucky waving his hand over the back of the couch.

You cross over to him to find him laying there holding a pack of frozen peas to his head.

"What the hell did you do? Are you okay?" You can't help but chuckle now that you've seen him.

He looks up at you dopily.

"He ran into the door." Isla giggles, coming slipping over to be in front of him now that she has seen how you've reacted.

"How did you manage that one?" You laugh.

"I don't know." He furrows his brow. "I had one of those stupid headaches I was getting a while back and I felt real dizzy and I think I just stumbled into the door because I couldn't see properly."

Okay. Well that doesn't sound so funny anymore. Worry starts to form in your gut.

"You haven't had one of those in ages." You mumble as you stroke his forehead in concern. "Let me see?"

He lifts the ice pack to reveal a nicely forming blue and purple egg off to the left side of his forehead.

"Jesus buck how hard did you hit it?!" You exclaim.

"He passed out." Isla continues to laugh clearly not seeing that it's actually serious again.

"What?!" You exclaim.

"I slapped his cheek and he woke up." She laughs even louder. "Then I went and got him the frozen peas and helped him to the couch."

Looking at Bucky's size compared to Isla you know that there's no way she helped him up, but it's the thought that counts.

"Did you pass out from the headache or from hitting your head?!" You turn to Bucky.

He frowns and hesitates, unsure of his answer.

"Um... I don't know." He eventually manages.

"Oh buck." You sigh and frown at him worriedly. "Do you feel okay now?"

"I mean yeah, besides the sore head." He shrugs.

"Where are the others? How long have you been lying here for?" You ask.

He looks up at you clearly taken aback that you don't seem more concerned about his head, but just in an I-want-attention way, not a serious way even though you're starting to feel like this thing might be serious.

"Sorry, I am concerned about you and I will tend to you in a minute, but we have four other kids in this household, three of which are under four and one of which I really don't know what's happening with him anymore these days." You state causing him to chuckle.

Things with Luke haven't necessarily been as bad as they were those first few days after the fight but now it's just like he's gone full blown awful teenager mode... like as awful as you can imagine. The worst part is he's only thirteen so you feel like it's only going to get worse. He now does sneak out quite frequently, sleeps until after midday, hardly comes out of his room, skips dinner, talks back or ignores you guys, you've had phone calls about him skipping school and he doesn't offer to help with a single thing anymore which is completely uncharacteristic of him. You just don't know what the hell has happened to him. You hardly see Petra around anymore and when you do you can tell she's fed up with his behaviour too. She doesn't seem to have changed at all but he's gone all bad boy; not the boy that she fell for and to be honest he's lucky she's hanging around, she must really like him.