━ 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝘅

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█chapter fifty-nine: head versus heart█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
chapter fifty-nine: head versus heart
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

      THE CHAIN AROUND HIS NECK seems to weigh heavier than it usually does as Poe Dameron stands beneath the great Uneti tree at the outskirts of Yavin IV's jungle

      THE CHAIN AROUND HIS NECK seems to weigh heavier than it usually does as Poe Dameron stands beneath the great Uneti tree at the outskirts of Yavin IV's jungle. He fights the urge to tug on the silver ring hanging from the pendant, shoving his hands into his pockets to keep himself from fidgeting. His eyes scan the gathered group of people, their faces illuminated by the soft golden glow of the lights dangling from the top branches of the tree, and their serene expressions are enough to make him forget his own unease for a moment. It's a rare occasion that the Resistance has the chance to be together like this. Most of the time, such gatherings are reserved for funerals or other equally unhappy events. Not today, though. For once, they have something to celebrate.

     "Do you, Snap Wexley, take Karé Kun to be your wife?" 

      Snap's joy is contagious and just looking at his friend's smiling face from his spot in the crowd has Poe grinning from ear to ear — though his eyes are more than a little misty as he watches Snap and Karé take each other's hands beneath the Uneti tree. Both of them are dressed in the nicest outfits they've got; Snap wearing an all-black suit (and a cape — an actual kriffing cape) and Karé decked out in white from the top of her head to the very stylish boots covering her toes.

      "I do," Snap answers the general without an ounce of hesitation.

      Leia Organa smiles before turning to Karé. "And do you, Karé Kun, take Snap Wexley to be your husband?"

      Poe has never seen Karé look so radiant before. His friend is practically glowing as she nods and says, "I do."

      The two of them exchange rings, slipping them onto one another's fingers without breaking eye contact; seeming to only have eyes for each other. "Then by the power vested in me," Leia continues. "I declare you to be man and wife. Snap, you may now kiss the —"

      She doesn't get the chance to finish speaking the words before Karé is surging up onto her toes, pressing her lips to her husband's as the crowd bursts into cheers. People hoot and holler, clapping loudly, and Poe joins them; offering a wolf-whistle of his own when Snap deepens the kiss by daringly dipping his bride backwards. Eventually, the two of them surface for air, laughing and smiling as they press their foreheads together.