Chapter 7 -edited-

Alex p.o.v.
Two days had passed, and Marcus had avoided me like the plague. Mostly, I've been hanging out in Marcus's room; he wanted me to stay safe, but I say I could've been safe in the other room.

'Marcus, ' Cleo whimpered; she had been on edge since the smell of my uncle, and ever since the first morning without Marcus, Cleo became restless. Beth was my primary entertainment, coming every day to see me as soon as I walked into the kitchen or down the hallway out of Marcus's bedroom.

I brushed my teeth in Marcus's bathroom, texting Beth occasionally; nothing important, just good morning texts. Rinsing my mouth plus my toothbrush and putting it in the sink drawer, I sighed. My mind was racing, and I hoped my uncle would get bored or stop messing with me, but I worried it would become nonstop. A sound against my door shook me to the present, but the knock was no doubt Beth. Walking over, I opened it to see Marcus awkwardly standing outside the doorway of his room since I wasn't allowed back in the room I had before.

"Can we have breakfast just us and talk?" he asked.

Nodding, I caught a glimpse of my pajamas. "can I change first?" I asked.

"of course," he smiled. I closed the door and changed out of the clothes I wore to bed, dressed in a black long-sleeve, V-neck shirt, white sweatpants with some black logo, and the slip-on shoes Beth had bought me.

Walking over to the door, I avoided the mirror. Every time I looked into one, I would get flashbacks. Grabbing the phone from the Pillowcase, I was careful not to put it in his bathroom drawers, as he still uses his bathroom. I was slipping the phone into the waistline of my sweatpants and taking a deep breath. I swung the door open; Marcus was texting, but his attention shot to me. He stared at me, smiling. "Let's go get some breakfast. Everybody is doing some extra paroles and prep for the party," he said, grabbing the door and holding it for me as I walked into the hall. I Followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen, where he had set out our plates and utensils. "I know you said you liked to make your food, but I was up early, and the kitchen is a mess."

"thank you, Marcus," I said before sitting at the table.

Marcus sat down, smiling at me. "I made us bacon and scrambled eggs. Also, I forgot to ask, are you allergic to anything?" I shook my head no, staring at the food before me. It was calling out to me, being my stomach was empty. "Good. About a few nights ago, my temper got the best of me, and my wolf, Sam, started taking over. I didn't mean to scare you." he stated as he picked up his fork and took a bite of his eggs. "plus, I wouldn't hurt you."

"It's OK, I understand," I said, picking up the bacon and biting into it; after I swallowed, I said, "Can I go back to the other room I was staying in...please?"

He sighed. "Yes, but I will be increasing your security."

I smiled over at him. "Thank you. How many days till the full moon?."

"three more days, partly why I had to make us breakfast. Beth has the whole kitchen loaded with party items." he laughed.

"how many people will be at the party?" I asked, spooning eggs into my mouth.

"around 150; the others will get chained, and the pups will be in bed," he explained.

"how many pups does this pack have?" I asked, not taking my attention away from his face.

"around thirty, give or take," he answered, looking at his plate. I must've missed when he ate half of it. "they're usually in bed before eight since the full moon doesn't affect them."

'Give pups,' Cleo growled in my head. I ignored her. "when do pups shift for the first time.?" my curiosity was getting the better of me...

"at the age of their puberty, it depends on the person." he shrugged, finishing his plate of food. In contrast, I had eaten a third of mine at most. "I shifted at the age of 15." Marcus stated, putting down his fork. "are you done?" he tilted his head and gave me an adorable, almost puppy-like look.