Promise-Minho

" 찾으러 떠나 모르고, fly tonight

우주로 가자, like an astronaut"

Were the lyrics that flowed through everybody's ears as they danced along to the music. The 8 of them were preparing for their comeback. All of them were excited to finally be able to perform for stays after so long.

Everything was going smoothly. All of them gliding through their movements. They had been practicing for about 3 hours. They had gone over Levanter, Double Knot, and now Astronaut.

Minho, being the main dancer, was giving it his all to set an example for everybody else. Someone had once told him that he was prone to under-dance and not look as powerful as the rest on stage. That comment had turned on a switch in his mind. All he could think about while he danced was to make sure all of his movements were strong and very visible. He practiced more, at night he would stay late and record himself dancing. He wouldn't stop until he felt he had it down to a tee. He would go over the same 8 counts over and over again to make sure it was good. This had taken a toll on his body and mental health. When he wasn't dancing it was as if his mind and body went into autopilot. At night, when he finally decided to sleep, he would go over his day and scold himself for not practicing hard enough.

During this particular situation, they were dancing the chorus of the song. Towards the end of that part, Minho's legs gave out. He fell out of pure exhaustion. His mind was so numb he couldn't even process what was happening.

"Hyung!!!" Jisung screeched as he saw his bandmate drop to the floor. Immediately Changbin paused the music and the rest ran to Minho's side. "Are you ok?" What happened?" Han questioned worriedly for his friend.

Again Minho wasn't sure as to what happened. All his mind could pick up is that he made a mistake...and that broke him. Tears started streaming down his face as he hiccupped desperately trying to breath.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" Chan said in the least freaked out tone he could come up with. He picked up the younger male, he was lighter...oh no, not him. Chan knew this story way too well. Idols practicing their hearts out and not taking care of themselves. It happened to almost everybody in the business. They all knew it wasn't healthy but, they still did it. They still strained themselves to a breaking point. Why? Because it felt like everybody successful had done it at least once. In and outside the company, pretty much every successful Idol had worked themselves to the bone. It wasn't healthy...but it worked.

"What did you do sweetie.." Chan mumbled as he held Minho close. He was warm. 'Of course." Chan thought to himself 'He's probably sick...'

"I'm sorry..." Minho said. He was shaking and crying, his face in Chan's shirt. He knew what he did was wrong...he couldn't look at the younger members, he had disappointed them. He was supposed to set an example, to protect them and keep them happy.

"Hey, it's ok," Hyunjin said quietly. "Just tell us."

"Yeah, we won't judge you hyung." Seungmin chimed in.

"I just thought.." Minho started, "I thought that if I practiced more I would be noticed more. That people would say I'm a powerful dancer. I'm sorry. I know it was wrong, but I knew it would work. I-I haven't been eating well and I don't know what happened. I'm- I'm sorry and I should have been better, and I-" Minho was cut off by a very out of the sudden group hug. The 8 of them were sitting on the floor hugging each other.

"Its ok Minho-ah.." Chan said. "just don't do it again."

"Yeah...take care of yourself," Felix said. What his hyung was saying had hit him hard. He knew how it felt. He had done it. It wasn't that fun.

Jisung rubbed circles on the small of Minho's back. He knew it would make him feel better. "Don't worry me like that.." he said burring his face on the crook of Minho's neck.

"I won't..." the older said." I promise,"

Hello! I'm back and I just wanted to say that this will be the last sickfic I do. in the next chapter, I'll explain why but I hope you will understand. i love yall...bye.