1.5

FIFTEEN.
memories through force-bonding

🔹️🔹️🔹️

I slashed my lightsaber around, feeling better than I'd ever felt before -- I felt free. I smiled to myself as the metal hilt twirled around my fingers. I cut some tree branches down as I tested my lightsaber abilities. I jumped, using the Force to lift me over a bunch of boulders and fallen trees.

But something didn't feel right -- it was as if someone was calling out to me.. or watching me. I froze; my feet glued to ground. I took a deep breath in before turning around to face whatever was behind me. I took a sharp turn, holding my lightsaber out in front of me.

That's when I realized that I wasn't alone anymore. The air around me felt empty like it was all just a dream. I glanced down at my hands, but everything was and felt real. I bit my lower lip as I began to realize what was going on.

I finally looked up, confronting the person who had summoned the.. force-bond. Almost instantly, my face loosened as I observed the person's features. I dropped my lightsaber, covering my mouth with my two hands. I felt tears well up in my eyes as the person stared back at me with the same expression.

"Luke.."

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Seven Years Ago...

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Use the Force.. yes.." Master Yoda said, tapping on Luke's leg as he stood on his hands. Master Yoda was sitting on top of Luke's legs to make the training a bit more challenging. Luke quickly lifted one hand up from off the ground; his body shaking but maintaining his balance. "Now, the stone.. feel it."

I stood there, watching anxiously as Luke struggled to use the Force to lift a couple of stones from off the ground. As if on cue, R2-D2 began beeping frantically, distracting Luke and causing him to lose his balance.

"Concentrate--!" Master Yoda yelled as they both collapsed onto the ground. Master Yoda stood up as I rushed over to Luke, holding his shoulders.

"Are you alright?" I asked, checking for any injuries.

"I'm fine.." He replied, breathing heavily. We turned to look at R2 as he continued on with his whistling, trying to tell us something. Luke hurried over, watching as his X-Wing slowly began to sink into the water. He groaned, "Oh, no.."

I walked over to him with a worried expression. "Hey--"

"We'll never get it out now!" He exclaimed to me as R2 whined. We both turned to look at Master Yoda as he stomped his foot.

"So certain, are you?" Master Yoda shook his head, keeping his eyes on Luke. He sighed, "Always with you, it can not be done. Hear you nothing that I say?"

"Master, moving stones around is one thing." Luke gazed at the ship, doubtfully. "This is.. totally different!"

"No! No different!" Master Yoda exclaimed, slamming his cane onto the ground. "Only different in your mind. You must unlearn what you have leaned."

Luke turned to me as I gave him a nod of encouragement. He shrugged, "Alright, I'll give it a try."

"No!" Master Yoda shouted once more. "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."