Part 60

INT. GOAT MAN'S HOUSE – DAY

GINA, CONNER, and LUCY stand in a circle and Lucy writes in the codex feverishly. Gina looks uncertain and Conner is confused.

GINA CONT'D: You really think something will happen?

LUCY: Absolutely. You two are the only ones with the goat marks. So, you have to do a gathering of sorts in order to get Lilith's attention.

CONNER: I'm not too sure about this. I was just at Roch's office with Belinda and this whole thing seems super sketchy. The only thing that should be sketchy is my map. Also, side note. How big do you think the forest is?

LUCY: We'll be fine. Lilith is only trying to help us.

GINA: So, what do I do?

LUCY: Be a leader. Talk about how great Goat Man is something or something.

GINA: Okay? (Clears throat) Goat Man is a guy that people wouldn't want to mess with.

Gina continues to rattle on with her impromptu speech, oblivious to Conner and Lucy.

CONNER CONT'D (mutters): No answer on my question? Thanks guys.

LUCY (hisses): What has been up with you lately?

CONNER: With me? What about you? You've been the one obsessing about Lilith lately. I had to help Belinda on my own. You were the one that made a huge fuss about her health and now I was left alone as I tried to make her stop obsessing over this whole thing.

GINA: Uh... Goat Man is a cool fellow.

LUCY: Well, I appreciate that–

CONNER: Your roles have changed. Now you're being obsessive and losing sleep. Just look at you. You look like death.

LUCY: Conner, I'm not going to argue about this.

The creaking of the door silences the children and QUIET MYSTIC appears. She approaches them with a large smile. She walks up to Gina and analyzes her mark.

QUIET MYSTIC CONT'D: A blessed day. A proper gathering under the mark! The infinite knowledge. The edge of reason. Truly, we can bring humanity together. We will be blessed. An altar! An altar is appropriate! One must be created, and I shall help. What creativity. What devotion to craft! The things that can be created. The things we shall see... emerge.

LUCY: I knew she would come.

GINA: What are you going to do, Lilith?

QUIET MYSTIC: Where will imagination take us? What will we discover beyond the edges of our knowledge? We shall unite the world under our beautiful creations. But first, an altar. Prepared by me, for you have already worked so hard.

CONNER: Uh...

LUCY: Thank you so mu–

QUIET MYSTIC: Such advanced techniques will be...tiring. I will work diligently but I can make no promises. This will take time, time I ask you to give me. But let us stay quiet. The empty eyes should never fall upon us in this crucial moment.

Quiet Mystic leaves and Gina and Conner are confused. Lucy excitedly writes down the information in the codex. The ground begins to shake.

SMASH CUT TO:

EXT. FOREST – FOGGY

The ground shakes violently and MIN holds onto a tree. JORDANIA looks at them in uncertainty.