shut up | night twelve.

❛ shut up | night twelve ༉‧₊˚✧

────────────────────────

"woooohh."

"what the fuck?"

"i know right? im such a laugh riot." you chuckled to yourself, looking over your cards.

"what the hell is wrong with you?"

"the real question, katsuki, is what the hell isn't wrong with me?" you shook your head with an awkward smile. "cause there's a lot that is."

"you just get more fucking insane by the night, don't you?"

"mm, you really think so?" you raised your eyebrow, watching as he put down a card.

"uno." he said. you looked down at yours and saw there was no way you could possibly win the game without playing dirty. "it feels like we've been doing this for too god damned long."

"hm, then why do we keep doing it?" you smiled, looking up at him. "or- rather, why do you keep waking me up to do it? i mean it's nice, don't get me wrong, but... i don't know. i guess im just wondering why you chose to do it with me."

bakugou's face went blank for a moment before he frowned and stared hard into your eyes. "the way you word it sounds like we're getting up to fuck."

"..."

"..."

"bakugou im trying really hard to not scream right now." you said.

"don't you fucking dare-"

"it sounds like...? bakugou, why would you say something like that! that's so weird!"

"shut up!" bakugou growled. "i just fucking said what it sounds like you were describing, dumbass!"

"you just 'fucking' said, huh?!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, DUMBASS!"

"NO, YOU! MEANIE!"

"SHUT UP SOMEONE'S GONNA FUCKING HEAR US, YOU IDIOT!"

"I'M NOT GONNA STOP SCREAMING UNTIL YOU STOP!"

"THAT DOESN'T MAKE FUCKING-"

knock. knock. knock.

that was bakugou's room door.

the both of you immediately went silent, turning your heads toward each other. the same thought crossed both your minds and you inwardly started panicking at the thought of who it could be and what excuses each person would buy.

"yo! bakubro, are you good in there?" kirishima called from the other side. neither you nor bakugou said anything. "hello? bakugou!"

"shit... leave me the fuck alone, shitty hair!" bakugou yelled, making you raise your eyebrow. "im trying to get some damn sleep!"

"well, just to make sure you're okay... im gonna open the door. you could be being held hostage right now, bro. ready? 3..."

the knob was turning.

before you could even ask bakugou what to do, he lifted his blanket, shoved you underneath, then got under the blankets himself and pressed his body to yours, wrapping an arm around your waist to make the blankets look as natural as possible.

"don't make a fucking sound." he said lowly against your ear. you shivered, instinctively pressing against him and his very firm chest, just as the door swung open.

"bakugou?"

"what the fuck do you want, shitty moron?" he growled, you could feel his voice vibrations right in your ear. it was hard for you to keep your quivering under control when his breath tickled your earlobe. "get the hell out."

"i thought i heard yelling," kirishima explained. "im right next door, so i could easily hear it..."

"well, it wasnt me. check the other side of you, or whatever."

"that wouldn't make sense," the red head said curiously, "i would've heard it louder since my bed is against the other side."

"i dont give a shit, im fucking tired. let me get some damn sleep, already. close the fucking door!"

"guess it could've been a realistic dream or something. alright, see you tomorrow, bro." kirishima yawned and walked out of the room, closing it softly behind him.

it was quiet for a few long seconds. you always thought it was stupid when someone said seconds felt like eternity, but it was true. or was it longer than a few seconds? you couldn't tell.

you tried your best to not breathe on bakugou's neck, in case he flipped out afterwards. but then again, kirishima was long gone. there was no other noise.

just the somewhat calming sound of both your breathing patterns as you lay there, still, pressed against each other. for what reason? there wasn't any in particular anymore.

"katsuki, he's gone," you said quietly. "which means you can let.. go..." you trailed your sentence, slowly letting it fade into nothing when you felt bakugou's arm tighten around your waist, his head slowly shifting into your neck.

"shut up, y/n." bakugou said quietly. "you're warm."

--