drugin' | forty five.

TAVON BOOKER

               EARLY MORNING

EARLY MORNING. . , the SAME DAY. Water hitting the surface of the sink bounced off the walls of the bathroom. With both of hands cupped, he moved them underneath the lukewarm water and pools in his hands and bending his upper body he soaked his face. Eyes remaining shut, he turned off the faucet and reached for the clean face cloth on the counter beside him. Dabbing the cloth on his blemish free face, it removed the droplets from his face. In the midst, he felt soft hands touching his back and around to his chest resulting in him removing the towel from his face, coming into view of the blue short acrylic nails.

Skin color of pecan brown and bright hazel eyes, the view his eyesight landed on when he spun around with her soft hands holding onto his torso. Both corners of their mouths pulled upward into a smile when coming face to face. A woman of five foot six height and curvy, yet thick physique, Claudia Coleman. Morning with her natural beauty blemishing and her hair in a careless bun. She graced her body in her silk kimono robe with her Chanel slides.

"Good mornin, handsome." Her angelic voice floating from her voice box with ease. She may not have been that much shorter, but still had to look up at him.

"Mornin miss lady," he pulled her closer by her waist. He kissed her and she wrapped her arms around his neck as their lips moved in sync.

"I fixed breakfast." She enlightened once they pulled away, but remained close.

Tavon inhaled sharply. "I can't stay. I left my boys and nephew home. I wasn't even supposed to stay last night."

"Yeah, I put your ass to bed." Claudia says through her laugh, which makes him laugh.

"Oh you got jokes?" He nodded his head, "I fell asleep first cause I put in the most work. Let's be real."

"Okay, okay, maybe," she rolled her eyes playfully. "I can make you and the boys plate home. I know I'm not gonna eat it all myself."

"We can do that."

Claudia nodded and walked ahead of him out the bathroom. Tavon detoured to put on his hoodie and sneakers before heading downstairs where Claudia footed off to. He, and Claudia have been knowing each other since before he was only twenty-one playing for the Lakers. With Claudia having a career in Sports Medicine, they would have run ins since she was the Lakers physical therapist before Claudia moved on to working for the Miami Heat.

The two hadn't saw each other since until they had a run in at a mutual friend party at a club in Sacramento. Tavon being older and more mature than the last time she was around him, Claudia had grown attracted to the thirty one year old gentleman. He's always been attracted to her and seeing her dolled up that night enhanced that attraction. One thing led to another, Claudia become a woman he start dating. And could possibly be someone he take the long run with.